Lation

Prestige, Yes or No?

Would you like a Prestige System?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a Prestige System?

• Yes, absolutely!
    • No, not at all.
    • I'm in between, unsure / indifferent either way.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Owner
Maybe let regular players prestige, and keep legend as is.

Maybe not cut xp gain in half per prestige but maybe like 25% reduction per level

I think prestige systems are kinda cool in theory but when it comes to a rsps its kinda eh. Most people who play a rsps dont want to grind so much so if you're planning on having the same xp rates then as you prestige it goes even lower, then you're only going to have like 3 people actually try for that and the rest just racking up money to buy the shit that youd get from the prestige shop (if tradeable).

Some very good points here, I agree Sono

There was alot of talk about the calculation of hiscores in doge when using a prestige system, as well as how post 99 xp worked. I would not support using the same system as is used there. I think that prestiging something should be going back to 0 xp. This is very unfortunate as we have 5b accounts on here; I think if those accounts were prestiged they should go to 0 xp prestige 2. =[ sorry kari

I am curious to see what the community thinks about legends here. I think that all accounts should go to prestige 2 at 0 xp, so I dont agree with giving prestige 3 to legend accounts off the bat...

Additionally I would like to see a rate slower than 50%. I rushed prestige 3 on doge and the 0.5x xp modifier on each prestige was kinda demoralizing, and sequesters the population in to two groups: people that love grinding xp, and those that only would grind xp to get to max level. For example grandma never wanted to prestige because he didnt want to be lower level again, whereas I wanted to just be the higher prestige level. I think the 0.5x prestige rate causes more players to stay at level 0 (or level 1) prestige, while over time you will have players easily in the 4th or 5th prestige range with not alot in between.

If the base xp rate for 0 prestige is going to stay at x50, and 8th prestige set at x10 (what I think to be a good transition to give a good distribution of players between all prestige levels: then xp rate change between prestige levels should be set to 0.8178.

That rate also means that (ignoring xp rate differences for low levels) reaching max at 8th prestige should take 4.59x as long (total from 0 prestige) as maxing a regular legend (with the same time to max a legend putting you at just below 99 all at 3rd Prestige).

EDIT: This is how the doge prestige works, and I dont like it at all and their xp hiscores still arent fixed.

When you pass 13m in a skill, all xp AFTER is divided by two and given to you at the next prestige. This means that if I am 15m xp and I prestige I go to 1m xp at the next prestige level (15-13)/2. However, the xp is always divided by two, not by the difference in xp rates. So if I go from x50 to x25 thats great, but if I go from x7 to x3, not so much. It gives too much xp because 3/7 != 0.5.

tl;dr: If prestige is implemented I STRONGLY hope that prestiging will put you to 0 xp. Coding the hiscores will be annoying and everyone will have an opinion about what is fair (myself very much included).

Edited by MrSunday
added explination of doge prestige system

I think Going back to 0 exp will just make everyone say no besides thoughs who are around max cape exp. No one would want to go from 1b, 2b or 5b back to 0exp when others can go from 500m exp to 0exp.

We got to try and make it fair for Everyone if we want this to happen.

I think Going back to 0 exp will just make everyone say no besides thoughs who are around max cape exp. No one would want to go from 1b, 2b or 5b back to 0exp when others can go from 500m exp to 0exp.

We got to try and make it fair for Everyone if we want this to happen.

A way to make the hiscores more accurate is to use an equivalent xp calculation. Basically it gives you the xp youve earned based on what it would have been on x1.0 xp. So earning 1m in x50 xp would give you an equivalent xp of 20000. Then when you prestige any xp earned at the new rate would be added onto your already earned equivalent xp. I still think that when you prestige you should go to prestige 1 with 0 xp, but on the hiscores you would have an equivalent xp of 100m. That way, your hiscore achievements are still preserved but the spirit of a real, true prestige is preserved is well.

EDIT:

By the way I would handle legends in the same way.

Edited by MrSunday

I'm a fan of prestiging but the problem with ely is that the base exp rates are already quite low (still fast but if u keep lowering it it's gonna be a pain)

What about resetting but not lowering the exp rate? Unlocking rewards at threshold prestiges. Prestiging would basically mean "i have maxed this many times with the standard exp rates"

U can still choose to stop prestiging whenever u like and get 200m's at the same speed as before, wich will take away potential burn out's on grinding 200m at x20 exp rate