Lation

Prestige, Yes or No?

Would you like a Prestige System?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a Prestige System?

• Yes, absolutely!
    • No, not at all.
    • I'm in between, unsure / indifferent either way.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Owner

Ely fam, it's been a lightly discussed topic over the past few months but nonetheless has been discussed.

As of recent, we now would like you ask the community as a whole; would you like to have a Prestige system on Ely?

This raises a question for Legends. If the Prestige was voted YES, they would be converted to 3rd Prestige.

But a distinguished mode, such as Legends may not be necessary if the Prestige vote passes.

So, place your vote and give us your thoughtful feedback in the comments. Thank you!

EDIT: It may not make any sense at all to just throw the Legend's into everyone else's game mode.

So the proposal of offering two separate Leader-board's could work in that case.

Edited by Lation

• Administrators

Post all suggestions on here! What kind of rewards would you be looking for? Any juicy ideas regarding this? Why do you want prestige system / Why do you not want it?

• Owner
No legends mode? Gonna be a no for me fam

I may have to re-word the post, we're thinking we could offer separate Prestige leader-boards, one of reg's & one for Legends, and in that case still keep the Legend mode.

I think it's a good idea but have it so you can prestige one skill at a time and maybe reduce the xp you gain with each prestige, and for rewards the items you get from doing diaries in osrs would be good to see in it

• Owner
I think it's a good idea but have it so you can prestige one skill at a time and maybe reduce the xp you gain with each prestige, and for rewards the items you get from doing diaries in osrs would be good to see in it

This is the way I would prefer to see it operate too. Where you can Prestige one skill at a time willingly. Thus receive Prestige Points to spend in a Prestige Shop? And of course at every prestige the XP rate would lower, therefore making each Prestige harder to achieve.

• Administrators
This is the way I would prefer to see it operate too. Where you can Prestige one skill at a time willingly. Thus receive Prestige Points to spend in a Prestige Shop? And of course at every prestige the XP rate would lower, therefore making each Prestige harder to achieve.

I wasn't a fan of this idea at first but having thought about it, I think it's the smarter way to go about this. It would benefit skillers and the prestige shop idea.

EDIT:

Maybe the option to prestige as a hole or per skill

If that's a possibility I would very much like that.

• Owner
I wasn't a fan of this idea at first but having thought about it, I think it's the smarter way to go about this. It would benefit skillers and the prestige shop idea.

Yeah it allows someone to Prestige their entire account, or focus on the few skills they enjoy doing. Receiving points in the process & getting some rewards to be determined.

Would prestiging reset the skill to 0 xp? Or subtract 13m xp from the skill? (The amount required for 99)

Yeah if prestige would mean losing 13m xp I could be down for it. Again depending on rewards.

• Owner
Would prestiging reset the skill to 0 xp? Or subtract 13m xp from the skill? (The amount required for 99)

Yeah if prestige would mean losing 13m xp I could be down for it. Again depending on rewards.

If I understand it correctly it would reset the skill back to 0, or level 1. However not subtracting any XP gained from yourself on the HiScores. So in theory could have 50B XP.

If I understand it correctly it would reset the skill back to 0, or level 1. However not subtracting any XP gained from yourself on the HiScores. So in theory could have 50B XP.

So that would mean 200m's would go back to 0 xp? If the goal of prestiging is to prestige as many times as possible there would be no motivation for anyone to train past 99..

• Administrators

How I think it works is that it subtracts 99 (13m....) from the skill and divides the remaining xp by half. That is if we're going for the idea that prestige means that the xp rate is cut in half.

• Owner
So that would mean 200m's would go back to 0 xp? If the goal of prestiging is to prestige as many times as possible there would be no motivation for anyone to train past 99..

Kari is probably right here, I'm not familiar with exactly how it performs, I'll ask & find out more

How I think it works is that it subtracts 99 (13m....) from the skill and divides the remaining xp by half. That is if we're going for the idea that prestige means that the xp rate is cut in half.

I think prestige systems are kinda cool in theory but when it comes to a rsps its kinda eh. Most people who play a rsps dont want to grind so much so if you're planning on having the same xp rates then as you prestige it goes even lower, then you're only going to have like 3 people actually try for that and the rest just racking up money to buy the shit that youd get from the prestige shop (if tradeable).