DevilSkag

Elite Minigames and Minigame Points (like skilling and pvm)

Let's face it, minigames are dead content for the most part unless you're starting a fresh account and even then they phase out quickly. Let's make Minigames great again.

1. Elite Minigames:
    • Add a higher difficulty, higher return version of certain minigames.
      • Barrows - tougher brothers
      • Dominion Tower - remove cutscenes, add more bosses, death is a restart
      • Fight Caves - more waves? suggestions?
      • Possibly Fight Kiln - no cannon? suggestions?
      • Monster Carnage - tougher rooms
      • Pest Control - spawn all portals, remove shields, death is permanent (can't respawn)
      • + other suggested minigames - suggested difficulty increase
    • Other than the minigame points below, individual elite minigames should likely get buffed rewards as well. Probably double the normal rewards, possibly stacking with weekend bonus?
  2. Minigame Points:
    • Add Minigame Points to every completion of an elite minigame
    • Add a Minigame Points shop that sells Battle Royale auras for a high cost, increasing for each level
      • There's a potential plethora of options to put in this shop, I just know that the auras from Battle Royale are fantastic additions that almost no one has because that minigame is hard to get going. It makes sense to have a great centerpiece reward to work for too, like the forlorn shard is now.

Everything here can be changed, but it's important that we get the difficulty and rewards right otherwise we're back at square one.

• Thanks 1

Big support for new content, I'd want to see the harder barrows most of all, make it similar to rise of the six along with the shield rewards. None of them are a bad idea as long as there's rewards that make it useful to do them. Zombie waves was a pretty fun minigame that should be expanded along with the rewards for it. As long as there's people to do the minigames, there's no reason not to add more appeal to doing them.

Love the idea, I always thought the basic minigames we currently have were rather dull, but always good to go out and do due to the rewards etc. I really do think we're in need of some 'Hard mode' minigame(s) with better and harder challenges than the current games we have now. With buffed or better rewards of course. As for Minigame points, this is 100% a great idea - RS3 has something similar called Thaler points, which I think would be a great suggestion and addition to Ely.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Thaler

Could easily have a better rewards/shop system with Thaler points - BR icons, PvM/Skilling Auras, Cosmetics, etc.

+1

On 2/20/2022 at 6:55 PM, DevilSkag said:

Let's face it, minigames are dead content for the most part unless you're starting a fresh account and even then they phase out quickly. Let's make Minigames great again.

1. Elite Minigames:
    • Add a higher difficulty, higher return version of certain minigames.
      • Barrows - tougher brothers
      • Dominion Tower - remove cutscenes, add more bosses, death is a restart
      • Fight Caves - more waves? suggestions?
      • Possibly Fight Kiln - no cannon? suggestions?
      • Monster Carnage - tougher rooms
      • Pest Control - spawn all portals, remove shields, death is permanent (can't respawn)
      • + other suggested minigames - suggested difficulty increase
    • Other than the minigame points below, individual elite minigames should likely get buffed rewards as well. Probably double the normal rewards, possibly stacking with weekend bonus?
  2. Minigame Points:
    • Add Minigame Points to every completion of an elite minigame
    • Add a Minigame Points shop that sells Battle Royale auras for a high cost, increasing for each level
      • There's a potential plethora of options to put in this shop, I just know that the auras from Battle Royale are fantastic additions that almost no one has because that minigame is hard to get going. It makes sense to have a great centerpiece reward to work for too, like the forlorn shard is now.

1 - Barrows 2 (Rise of the Six) as well as adding the Malevolent, Merciless, and Vengeful kiteshields as potential rewards. support

2. Def remove cutsceces, add quest bosses only, idk about death being a restart. Sounds aids for new players

3. Whats the point in adding more waves, its just a fire cape

4. I can agree with no cannon but that won't make it any more difficult itll just make it take longer

5. MC is dead content regardless of harder enemies. This would REALLY put people off MC

6. All the portals do spawn, removing the shields would make it eaiser, permanent death is troll asf. It's void armor it's not even that good and its already a grind. + part of it is in PvM shop.

7. Noone does BR because noone pks, adding the bots was removed, and it crashes alot. Fix these and more people would go. Matt just added LMS and I doubt 5% of you have even tried it

8. Minigame points in theory sounds cool but we already have Coffers, PvM boxes, and w/e else. I think we have enough items coming into the game already

On 3/5/2022 at 1:02 AM, Gravity said:

1 - Barrows 2 (Rise of the Six) as well as adding the Malevolent, Merciless, and Vengeful kiteshields as potential rewards. support

2. Def remove cutsceces, add quest bosses only, idk about death being a restart. Sounds aids for new players

3. Whats the point in adding more waves, its just a fire cape

4. I can agree with no cannon but that won't make it any more difficult itll just make it take longer

5. MC is dead content regardless of harder enemies. This would REALLY put people off MC

6. All the portals do spawn, removing the shields would make it eaiser, permanent death is troll asf. It's void armor it's not even that good and its already a grind. + part of it is in PvM shop.

7. Noone does BR because noone pks, adding the bots was removed, and it crashes alot. Fix these and more people would go. Matt just added LMS and I doubt 5% of you have even tried it

8. Minigame points in theory sounds cool but we already have Coffers, PvM boxes, and w/e else. I think we have enough items coming into the game already

The purpose is to leave the normal minigames as they are and these alternative harder versions would be for later in the game.