Jordan

Economy

Since coming back and started playing a little bit i've noticed the econemy is extremly dry with a huge amount of items such as nex sets, zenytes, guardian pieces and many many more. all these items being so scarce in the eco is making them all worth a ridiculous amount of money ingame and nearly impossible to buy from anyone. Id like to suggest maybe lowering drop rates for all these items possibly to overcome this and bring back a nice flowing economy.

I know this is going to bring a lot of backlash but i personally think it would be great for ely in its current state. If you think this is a bad idea, please explain and if you have any other suggestion to fix the issue atm please say your ideas!

thanks 🙂

Edited by Jordan
  • Thanks 1

Partly support

I started again after a long break as well due to uni. I do agree with nex-sets, how ever zenytes and guardian dosen't seem to be an issue imo. Both killing Harb and dem gorilals are pretty fast, and should be as it is imo, how ever something should be done with nex. I think drop rates is fine, but it just takes too long time to kiill it.  Comparing nex with 800m-1b drops which takes 12min+ on each kill to dem gorillas, and harb which takes 5 min and drops 2b+ drops people will rather grind them instead of nex, which also causes it to be the issue regarding nex sets.  So I think something should be done with nex' defence.

This is probably an unpopular opinion from my perspective, but not enough people are bossing, and there is so much gp in the eco at the moment which causes the unrealstic high prices for stuff at the moment. People will rather stay home trying to buy stuff instead of bossing for it.

• Like 1

• Developer

I think a better way to approach this is making the bosses more accessible to newer players. There is a pretty high bar for entry on nex, grae and harb if you want to be actually farming it for drops. Granted these give you the best gear in the game and shouldn't be able to be farmed by anyone and everyone, you should of course have to put in some work gearing up for it. But I'm thinking that on the path to get this endgame gear, the bosses should be doable in the next best thing from a lower tier boss. 

Harb and Grae aren't so bad in my opinion, the main barrier for harb is a divine which is kind of rare but not impossible to get your hands on. Grae just has ridiculous amounts of HP and would really benefit more from group farming on the lower levels. But I feel like a lot of players end up just doing their own thing.

Nex however has the dumbest fucking defence I've ever seen. I have a clip from years ago where me and zarpor josh were messing around and decided to duo nex with maple shortbows. Granted this is on rs3 with abilities and shit, but we did it in 9 minutes, that's about the average solo here in max gear. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes for a duo in moderate gear. Much like grae I believe newer players would benefit from grouping up on nex to get these drops into eco but the barrier for entry is pretty high right now. 

On 12/28/2021 at 3:11 PM, com_skjold said:

Partly support

I started again after a long break as well due to uni. I do agree with nex-sets, how ever zenytes and guardian dosen't seem to be an issue imo. Both killing Harb and dem gorilals are pretty fast, and should be as it is imo, how ever something should be done with nex. I think drop rates is fine, but it just takes too long time to kiill it.  Comparing nex with 800m-1b drops which takes 12min+ on each kill to dem gorillas, and harb which takes 5 min and drops 2b+ drops people will rather grind them instead of nex, which also causes it to be the issue regarding nex sets.  So I think something should be done with nex' defence.

This is probably an unpopular opinion from my perspective, but not enough people are bossing, and there is so much gp in the eco at the moment which causes the unrealstic high prices for stuff at the moment. People will rather stay home trying to buy stuff instead of bossing for it.

Tbh i wasnt going to put guardian in there but thought why not and see what people say, but zenyte on the other hand are something that shouldnt be hard to get at all. we have a fury worth 10M then we have the saradomin amulets worth 50M then BOOM zenytes 5B+ because of how rare they are. currently the drop rate is 1/566 however on OSRS they are 1/300 and still sometimes very hard to get depending on RNG. So i still think they need to be dropped massively.

Nex has always been a boss no one really wants to kill. due to its crappy basic drops and the mechanics it involves. I've always said removing the phases and just having nex to kill would bring more action towards the boss, but thats just my opinion

I do agree on this. since i have come back to playing...although scarcely, I've noticed the incline for demand on a lot of these items. Not being easily accessible to new players is an issue but at the same time these are highest tiered items which only makes sense high effort high reward; not always the case but something needs to be done i believe. I think the problem initially lies in the amount of people actually online and playing plain and simple. half the people online anyway are AFKing so ofc they're a shortage of drops everywhere. especially nex items, primals is a big one cuz theres always a supply for primals and all of a sudden there is none.

• Owner
On 12/28/2021 at 11:58 AM, nelly said:

I do agree on this. since i have come back to playing...although scarcely, I've noticed the incline for demand on a lot of these items. Not being easily accessible to new players is an issue but at the same time these are highest tiered items which only makes sense high effort high reward; not always the case but something needs to be done i believe. I think the problem initially lies in the amount of people actually online and playing plain and simple. half the people online anyway are AFKing so ofc they're a shortage of drops everywhere. especially nex items, primals is a big one cuz theres always a supply for primals and all of a sudden there is none.

Same time of the year every year we come back to these issues 😄 It is true, activity always plunges this time of year as usual which impacts the flow of items in the economy. However, the Nex defense thing is new & is something we are tweaking with every update trying to find the sweet spot. I've personally lowered Nex's defense by about 50-60% in the past 3 updates. I will continue to try to get this down further to make doing Nex more reasonable.