com_skjold

Question regarding the 10% drop rate at events

Question

Hi,

I have a question regarding the eventes where 10% drop rate is increased:

As I've heard everything in the drop-table gets an 10% increase including the most common items.

So 10% added to an item which has a droprate of 50% ,  compared to 10% to an item which has droprate of 0.5% - if I understand this correctly - this do actually decrease the chance of getting the rare item as 10% of 50% is alot more than 10% of 0.5%.

Wouldn't it be more of an event if the 10% only were added to the rare items?

Maybe there is something I am missing, and therefor do I ask here 🙂

Best Regards,

Com_skjold

Edited by com_skjold
  • Like 1

4 answers to this question

On 12/15/2021 at 3:41 AM, com_skjold said:

Hi,

I have a question regarding the eventes where 10% drop rate is increased:

As I've heard everything in the drop-table gets an 10% increase including the most common items.

So 10% added to an item which has a droprate of 50% ,  compared to 10% to an item which has droprate of 0.5% - if I understand this correctly - this do actually decrease the chance of getting the rare item as 10% of 50% is alot more than 10% of 0.5%.

Wouldn't it be more of an event if the 10% only were added to the rare items?

Maybe there is something I am missing, and therefor do I ask here 🙂

Best Regards,

Com_skjold

You are so true, I’ve always said this to Gravity when we were bossing.

It feels like the common items after well or events end up being 55% (50%+ {10% of that 50% = 5%}) whereas rares and super rares are 0.55% (0.5% + {10% of that 0.5% = 0.05%}).

It’s only when you start getting donator bonuses that items start becoming more common.

If we are going to test it, make sure it’s on a brand new account with no donor benefits.

😁

Edited by Jake

• Owner

That's not quite how it works. Basically, during a 10% drop rate boost event, or take Legend accounts 5% drop rate bonus for example, all that does is increase your chance to get a hit on the rare+ table 5-10% more likely. It doesn't make common items more likely + rare items more likely thus cancelling each other out, that wouldn't make any sense.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2021 at 11:17 AM, Lation said:

That's not quite how it works. Basically, during a 10% drop rate boost event, or take Legend accounts 5% drop rate bonus for example, all that does is increase your chance to get a hit on the rare+ table 5-10% more likely. It doesn't make common items more likely + rare items more likely thus cancelling each other out, that wouldn't make any sense.

Thanks for the clarification Lation. Glad to see that’s how it works! 🙂

On 12/15/2021 at 1:17 AM, Lation said:

Thank you for the reply<3