Before I answer, I'd like a little more information on this;

1. Are said rats experienced in hand to hand combat

2. a. Am I allowed to use performance-enhancing drugs
    b. If so, are the rats allowed the same drugs
  3. Will the fight take place in a set combat arena or can I choose a place
  4. It says hand to hand combat, so I take it there are no weapons allowed
  5. Is this a fight to the death

Thank you.

1. No. Normal rats. But they are out for blood. 
2. No. No PED’s

3. You are in an open dirt field. They are directly across from you. Like a medieval battle

4. No weapons allowed. You can wear boots though

5. To the death

• Administrators

UPDATE

I got this a bit wrong, so my old answer will be hidden in a spoiler tag.

My answer is: 26

Here's the scenario and a brief explanation:

There is a large force of rats standing across from me, on this open dirt field. It's a bit cloudy, and no rain.

I charge towards the army of rats, wearing my boots I kick and stomp, defeating like 10 of them. Confident in my fighting ability I get cocky and try out a flashy kung fu move I saw in a movie once, (you know the one you like jump, kick, jump and kick) not realizing the rats aren't tall and I'm just kicking air, I decide to go back to the stomping. After defeating a few more rats I get tired obviously and the rats notice this and decide to charge at me all together and overpower me - I'm defeated.

Spoiler

Thank you for the information.

I forgot to ask about numbers, weather and such but I will not bother you with additional questions, so my answer will be for a few different scenarios and dependent on different factors.

Scenario 1:

There is an unlimited amount of rats coming at me at the same time and I'm not wearing any boots - It's raining.

How many defeated: 0

Why: I stand there without any boots, looking at this endless sea of rats charging straight towards me, my legs shaking in the cold mud -
"What should I do?" I say while my legs give in to the cold and I fall to the ground.
The rats are here and my body won't move, my mind filled with terror and I am immediately defeated.

Scenario 2:

Same as 2 but I'm wearing boots.

How many defeated: 1

Why: I'm standing in this open dirt field, and charging towards me are endless rats out for blood. I think to myself "I can take them!" -
I charge towards them, only to slide in the mud and fall on my face. They're all around me, laughing at my stupid ass.
I get mad and grab one of the rats and break it's neck, the laughter turns into raging screams and in a blink of an eye, it's all over.

Scenario 3:

There is an unlimited amount of rats, but they only come at me a few at a time and I'm not wearing any boots. - No rain

How many defeated: 7

Why: The rats are on their way, only a few at a time. I run towards them and immediately fighting them. After defeating six rats, the seventh manages to bite my heel, the pain takes my attention away from the rats. The cheeky bastards use this opportunity to overpower and defeat me. But not before I destroy that seventh rat.

Scenario 4:

Same as 3 but I'm wearing boots.

How many defeated: 26

Why: Skip to the part where the fighting has begun.
I use my fully booted feet to kick and stomp the rat bastards, defeating like 10. Confident in my fighting ability I get cocky and try out a flashy kung fu move I saw in a movie once (you know the one you like jump, kick, jump and kick), not realizing the rats aren't tall and I'm just kicking air I decide to get back to the stomping.
After a while, I get tired obviously and the rats notice this and decide to charge at me all together and overpower me - I'm defeated.

Hope these answers satisfy you, Boats.

Edited by Kari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I could probably curb stop about 5 of those bad boys before the weight of my actions takes a tolls on my emotions. Physically, I could probably drop about 194 of those cheese eating dipshits before they overpower me, but it would give my therapist a real challenge when the next session comes. 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 8:29 PM, Iso said:

I could probably curb stop about 5 of those bad boys before the weight of my actions takes a tolls on my emotions. Physically, I could probably drop about 194 of those cheese eating dipshits before they overpower me, but it would give my therapist a real challenge when the next session comes. 

There is NO SHOT you take out 194. IMPOSSIBLE. They are crawling all over your ass after the first 10. Chomping at your ears and scratching your eyes. ABSOLUTELY NO SHOT

On 10/15/2021 at 7:07 PM, Kari said:

UPDATE

I got this a bit wrong, so my old answer will be hidden in a spoiler tag.

My answer is: 26

Here's the scenario and a brief explanation:

There is a large force of rats standing across from me, on this open dirt field. It's a bit cloudy, and no rain.

I charge towards the army of rats, wearing my boots I kick and stomp, defeating like 10 of them. Confident in my fighting ability I get cocky and try out a flashy kung fu move I saw in a movie once, (you know the one you like jump, kick, jump and kick) not realizing the rats aren't tall and I'm just kicking air, I decide to go back to the stomping. After defeating a few more rats I get tired obviously and the rats notice this and decide to charge at me all together and overpower me - I'm defeated.

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you for the information.

I forgot to ask about numbers, weather and such but I will not bother you with additional questions, so my answer will be for a few different scenarios and dependent on different factors.

Scenario 1:

There is an unlimited amount of rats coming at me at the same time and I'm not wearing any boots - It's raining.

How many defeated: 0

Why: I stand there without any boots, looking at this endless sea of rats charging straight towards me, my legs shaking in the cold mud -
"What should I do?" I say while my legs give in to the cold and I fall to the ground.
The rats are here and my body won't move, my mind filled with terror and I am immediately defeated.

Scenario 2:

Same as 2 but I'm wearing boots.

How many defeated: 1

Why: I'm standing in this open dirt field, and charging towards me are endless rats out for blood. I think to myself "I can take them!" -
I charge towards them, only to slide in the mud and fall on my face. They're all around me, laughing at my stupid ass.
I get mad and grab one of the rats and break it's neck, the laughter turns into raging screams and in a blink of an eye, it's all over.

Scenario 3:

There is an unlimited amount of rats, but they only come at me a few at a time and I'm not wearing any boots. - No rain

How many defeated: 7

Why: The rats are on their way, only a few at a time. I run towards them and immediately fighting them. After defeating six rats, the seventh manages to bite my heel, the pain takes my attention away from the rats. The cheeky bastards use this opportunity to overpower and defeat me. But not before I destroy that seventh rat.

Scenario 4:

Same as 3 but I'm wearing boots.

How many defeated: 26

Why: Skip to the part where the fighting has begun.
I use my fully booted feet to kick and stomp the rat bastards, defeating like 10. Confident in my fighting ability I get cocky and try out a flashy kung fu move I saw in a movie once (you know the one you like jump, kick, jump and kick), not realizing the rats aren't tall and I'm just kicking air I decide to get back to the stomping.
After a while, I get tired obviously and the rats notice this and decide to charge at me all together and overpower me - I'm defeated.

Hope these answers satisfy you, Boats.

These answers more than satisfy me. Also, completely reasonable. Unlike freaking ISO

• Like 1

• Developer

So I think it's important to declare how many rats I'm facing. If there are 1000 rats infront of me I can maybe take out 398 before the rest overwhelm me but I want to imagine that this is supposed to be a fair fight off the bat so I would face a number where I could take out all but 1. 

So I could face 399 rats in open field combat, I would tuck my pantlegs into my boots and flail my arms as I start stomping them by the dozens because I know these fuckers are gonna start stacking and world war z me, as soon as their mass gets to about my waist I sweep the leg breaking their formation and taking tons of them out. 350 rats are dead now, I'm exhausted, the last 49 are circling me in groups of 7 trying to pincer me. Good thing I mained Eddy in Tekken because my latent capoeira skills kick in and I swiftly take out the last few packs. Panic strikes me as I look down and only count 348 bodies, then I hear the sound of the last rat behind me, got me lookin like Julius Cheesar as he dds specs me in the back. 

• Like 1