DevilSkag

Zenyte jewelry Buff

The necklace of anguish, and tormented bracelet are not buffed properly, and I would argue that any piece of Zenyte jewelry besides the Torture is currently irrelevant. Ring of suffering might be decent, but I've never used it.

These are the stats of these items on Ely, along with a picture of their stats on OSRS

Necklace of anguish  25 range bonus              Tormented bracelet  17 magic bonus                  Ring of suffering  +2 att +15 def +8 str     

Zenytes.PNG.4812b1c92cc33b1a777145e7a3eaebd3.PNG

The Torture in Ely has it's str bonus, as well as a buff in stats (Torture stats are 25 base btw, mine is T2 in the picture)

Torture.PNG.bb5020aaa57be71336e8036dce5cebea.PNG 745245868_Torture(Ely).PNG.50966011392b382762c6e49999c45318.PNG

Since our Torture has a str bonus, our Anguish and Tormented bracelet should get their special buffs added and boosted too (highlighted in red boxes). All jewelry pieces should at least get their OSRS relevant prayer bonus added as well (highlighted in red boxes). I'd argue that we should allow the Ring of suffering to be imbued and upgraded, but only buff the defensive stats when imbued. The reason I don't think the offensive stats should be affected from imbuing is that we should keep the treasonous ring as BIS melee. Meaning the ring of suffering would be comparable but would be utility based instead of straight DPS (predicated on the ring of suffering having the recoil effect).

Overview

1. Add Range Str bonus/Mage percent damage bonus to their respective jewelry (with relevant buffs putting them on par with Torture)

2. Add prayer bonus to all zenyte jewelry pieces (possibly with a buffed number)

3. Make Ring of suffering capable of being imbued, but only buff defensive stats

Edited by DevilSkag
Changed topic to only address Zenyte jewelry

I agree the Zealots ammy is a bit overpowered in regards to it's buggy interactions with turmoil/pietys but it has no stats. It's genuinely a high risk, high reward item.. It has a MASSIVE negative prayer bonus that hinders any player that doesn't have access to unlimited prayer or without a max/comp cape/end game gear (grae in particular with it's prayer bonus). The drain rate is wickedly op and you're constantly chugging prayer pots to keep up your points, even with prayer renewals. The only way for this amulet to be effective in pvm is if you're near end game, which should be a little reward for getting thus far into the game.

The amulet is in no way a beginners item, you're sacrificing prayer bonus, defensive and offensive stats for a mostly free dps buff in comparison to a Torture, which is just flat bonuses. If anything, buff all Zenyte items. Give them a 15% increase in stats across the board so it reflects more with their price range, 3-5b per Zenyte item. Lastly, here is me in near end game gear with a Zealots struggling to keep my prayer points up. This doesn't need a nerf, Zenytes need a buff.

image.png.269ebbbeae91da257ed7e8c7f3c729fb.png   

Edited by fm das
  • Like 1

I agree with everything here, imo anguish is pretty weak at the moment, even with it being upgraded. Same for tormented bracelet, it's DECENT at it's current state but I feel as though it should be slightly stronger than what we have now. Ring of suffering isn't all that bad once it's upgraded, it's slightly weaker than a treas ring but it also has the unlimited recoil affect. I use it pretty much everywhere with all combat styles because of the defense bonuses and affect that it provides.

image.png.b0724ba45e741936a3c4d5b01960490c.pngimage.png.370de0e435fbf8dfc7f841afd459c1b3.png

I 100% agree with anguish and bracelet receiving a buff

I 100% agree with zealots being amended to affect multi prayers correctly

and I like the idea of buffing the ring of suffering whilst keeping treas ring as bis, a bit off topic but maybe adding a t2 to treat or imbue would be nice too