easy mate

PVM Points Reward

The PVM store is great for new players, giving luck armours and some PVM supplies, however you will quickly outgrow the armours you can buy and will quickly find that you end up just stacking up cannonballs or alching bandos boots for minimal gains, I would like to see a PVM box added to the PVM store, rewards could be GWD equipment which is super rare, PVM supplies such as Ovl flasks, cocktails, super restore flasks, Sara brew flasks, Dragon to dagganoth bones, 5-10 noted crystal keys, dark totems and dragon armour pieces at a more common rate, could even include other low level PVM gear such as berserker rings, archer rings, whips and furies

Im not sure 100% how the server feels about this next bit but ill throw it out there because I think its worth talking about, Nex items could be included at an extremely rare rate, Nex items price will remain pretty solid no matter how many there are in game due to their examine value, but I do see players occasionally saying that its so hard to find a seller of trove/pernix. id be pretty frustrated if I had the money to buy these items but couldn't for weeks because no one wants to sell them, if more came into the game new players would still have to pay the top prices for them as you will always be able to arch it for a certain amount, but it will help them progress and not get bored. 

But yeh overall I just think that this would make using your PVM points more fun with a chance of getting good loot. 

If PVM boxes were added what would you like to see in them, looking for server input here 🙂

Edited by easy mate
  • Like 7

100% support here, the pvm shop has so much potential to be insanely good and rewarding. At it's current state, all I buy is bandos boots and alch those for profit. It's a miniscule gain however it kind of feels like cheating imo. I'd much prefer to have a sort of M box system as stated by Mate. Time to spice up things in the pvm shop, it's long overdue.

• Like 1

I think this a pretty solid idea, Usually i would be against items like bandos & rings being obtained outside of their respective bosses, but as a rare drop from a PVM focused method i'm actually all for. Especially considering as time goes on and more higher tier items are added, those lower tier items will be forgotten about.

If the community is in general agreement with these items being obtained like this im sure we can implement it.

• Like 3

On 8/5/2021 at 10:44 AM, Splash said:

I think this a pretty solid idea, Usually i would be against items like bandos & rings being obtained outside of their respective bosses, but as a rare drop from a PVM focused method i'm actually all for. Especially considering as time goes on and more higher tier items are added, those lower tier items will be forgotten about.

If the community is in general agreement with these items being obtained like this im sure we can implement it.

Definitely agree, so long as irons are excluded from buying a box like this, I'm all for it.

• Like 1

Completely agree, pvm shop and point system should be expanded. Anything to keep players grinding instead of afking at home. I also agree with ryster that irons shouldn't be aloud to buy them, but then iron pvm shop in itself needs to be expanded as well. Something that prevents people from hoarding points for the reason that they don't have anything to spend them on. People only need so many cannonballs.

On 8/5/2021 at 6:14 PM, Lation said:

I love this idea ngl - but besides a box, what else could we put in the shop to make it rewarding and worthwhile to spend points on?

TBH, Lucky items are absolute dogshit besides the infamous lucky spirit shields, and every experienced player knows it. Lucky armadyl is worse than black d'hide, and Lucky bandos is just as bad. I'd like to see the Lucky spirit shields obtainable from sources other than regular mystery boxes and the SOF, so maybe implement an rng box focused on lucky items with a low chance at the spirit shields? Removing all the lucky items from the pvm shop and replacing them with this box would mean that players have a reason to spend points on the box, giving them a chance at the spirit shields while not getting the most efficient lucky alchables. IMO, This would be a good supplemental box to the fore mentioned box @easy mate described.

On 8/5/2021 at 4:44 PM, Splash said:

if it does get added and you'd like someone to test em I don't mind opening thousands of boxes on test servers 😄

On 8/6/2021 at 12:14 AM, Lation said:

I love this idea ngl - but besides a box, what else could we put in the shop to make it rewarding and worthwhile to spend points on?

i'm not sure if this is possible or the direction you wanna go, but how about the shop stocks boost tickets, for example one ticket could be 50% drop rate increase for an hour or a 15% chance of receiving double rare drops for an hour.

you could have unlocks in there, for example you could pay a large amount of PVM points to get free instance zones, in future if there are any new bosses you could have it locked and you have to buy an unlock scroll for PVM points

A good alternative to the lucky gear could be to put the PVP armours in there instead, items that are actually decent gear but isn't game changing for new players because they will eventually degrade, the PVP armours are currently in an unused PK store and would be cool to see them used by new players who haven't yet bought torva/pernix.

the key used to get into Nex could also be bought with PVM points instead of cash.

Edited by easy mate

Buying the frozen key for nex for pvm points isn't a bad item. There should be some more pvm related consumables added. Maybe some tickets for free instances? Why not some cosmetic gear for an extreme amount of points. Another good one would be a task reset ticket for a few thousand points, or an extension ticket for a bit more.

• Like 1

Agree with this,

Maybe the rest of the Void gear should be added to the PVM shop too?  Pest control is rarely played and Void is useful when starting out.

I think something should also be added for Irons, as you said, Iron boxes that can give low tier items such as dragon/ckeys

image.png.da898c1c5d2924dfc3fd6232682b16b7.png

I've already got 10000s of cannonballs, I don't need more 😂

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 7:06 PM, DevilSkag said:

TBH, Lucky items are absolute dogshit besides the infamous lucky spirit shields, and every experienced player knows it. Lucky armadyl is worse than black d'hide, and Lucky bandos is just as bad. I'd like to see the Lucky spirit shields obtainable from sources other than regular mystery boxes and the SOF, so maybe implement an rng box focused on lucky items with a low chance at the spirit shields? Removing all the lucky items from the pvm shop and replacing them with this box would mean that players have a reason to spend points on the box, giving them a chance at the spirit shields while not getting the most efficient lucky alchables. IMO, This would be a good supplemental box to the fore mentioned box @easy mate described.

Honestly thought this wasn't too bad of an idea, but now I think there's a better alternative. Lucky items are pretty much worthless besides the spirit shields, that much I'd say is still consistent.

• Remove lucky items from pvm store
  • Add an item called the lucky rabbits foot or something like that to the pvm store
  • Adjust lucky item stats to be the same as the normal counterpart like spirit shields
  • Allow normal gear to be used with this new item to permanently change it to lucky gear

This opens up lucky gear for ironmen and makes lucky gear actually useful. Not allowing lucky gear to be upgraded to t2 would be a good balance too since that way you have sort of a glass cannon effect. Better gear means you have to be more careful with how you use it, or you can go in with unlosable gear that isn't as good. This also means that you need to obtain the normal gear before you can get the lucky version of it.

• Like 1

• Owner
On 8/11/2021 at 10:07 PM, DevilSkag said:

Honestly thought this wasn't too bad of an idea, but now I think there's a better alternative. Lucky items are pretty much worthless besides the spirit shields, that much I'd say is still consistent.

• Remove lucky items from pvm store
  • Add an item called the lucky rabbits foot or something like that to the pvm store
  • Adjust lucky item stats to be the same as the normal counterpart like spirit shields
  • Allow normal gear to be used with this new item to permanently change it to lucky gear

This opens up lucky gear for ironmen and makes lucky gear actually useful. Not allowing lucky gear to be upgraded to t2 would be a good balance too since that way you have sort of a glass cannon effect. Better gear means you have to be more careful with how you use it, or you can go in with unlosable gear that isn't as good. This also means that you need to obtain the normal gear before you can get the lucky version of it.

Any other thoughts, opinions on this idea? I think it's pretty lit

• Developer
On 12/23/2021 at 8:24 PM, Lation said:

Any other thoughts, opinions on this idea? I think it's pretty lit

Love it! With the removal of lucky items I think that opens up the possibility for some potentially new items to be added to keep the shop from being barren. 

• Owner
On 12/24/2021 at 3:21 PM, Xenith said:

Love it! With the removal of lucky items I think that opens up the possibility for some potentially new items to be added to keep the shop from being barren. 

Well it's not quite the removal of lucky items, it'll just be a different way of making a lucky item, which does open up the shop more yeah