DevilSkag

Ancient Shard use case

Skotizo drops around 2.5 ancient shards per kill. Aside from the arclight, these shards have no use.

Allow 10 ancient shards to be used on the upgrade chest for a 25% chance to be turned into a prismatic gem. *Out of 100 dark totems, that would be approximately 250 ancient shards equating to 25 attempts for gems with 6.25 succeeding on average*

This solution gives these otherwise useless shards a use case other than sitting in a bank, or being left to disappear.

On 7/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, Vegemite said:

I mean I don't disagree but like.. Not EVERYTHING needs such a use in game..

Huge agreement here! Not everything ingame is intended to have multiple uses... However in saying that, one does obtain many shards that are otherwise wasted. Maybe instead of using them on prismatic chest we could trade 50 shards in for a whole totem? Just a thought...

On 7/25/2021 at 3:54 AM, Jake said:

Huge agreement here! Not everything ingame is intended to have multiple uses... However in saying that, one does obtain many shards that are otherwise wasted. Maybe instead of using them on prismatic chest we could trade 50 shards in for a whole totem? Just a thought...

I wouldn't consider 3 gems for the life of an account a "use case." To me, this is giving ancient shards an ACTUAL use in the game. Doesn't matter to me what we use them for, but they shouldn't be wasted.