Lation

Patch Notes LXXVII (#77) Upgrade Chest & Beginner's Amulet

• Owner

18.03.08-08.01.19.png

Upgrade Chest

18.11.37-07.12.20.png

It's been about a month since our last update (not too bad), but we've been cranking out some new ideas & miscellaneous things to benefit the server over the long-term as we begin our adventure starting on Raids development, which is going to take time. However, we will not stop bringing bug fixes, changes & updates during the course of time it takes to complete. With that said, check this out!

The Upgrade Chest is a new object available in-game, found North of the Home Bank.

16.41.21-27.06.21.png

This Upgrade chest allows players to put in an item (list below) in hopes of returning an upgraded version of that same item.

16.44.21-27.06.21.png

If you have an item you would like to give a shot at upgrading, just use the item on the chest.

16.45.00-27.06.21.png

When you continue you'll be presented with the following options:

16.45.27-27.06.21.png

If you're the proud owner of at least 20 Gems, you'll be able to guarantee the upgrade with no chance of failure.
However, if you are as poor as I suspect, you'll have to test your luck..

16.48.39-27.06.21.png

Luckily in this example my Bandos chestplate came out safely the other side & with increased stats.
However, that is not always the case..

16.49.53-27.06.21.png

When you fail you will receive a different amount of gems depending on the item you failed with.
Each item also has a different amount of required gems to guarantee a successful upgrade (seen below).

However, let's compare the difference in stats for the Bandos chestplate:

16.55.22-27.06.21.png ➡️ 16.55.30-27.06.21.png

Simply put, any item available for upgrade (list below) will have a 10% increase of stats across the board.

So, which items are available for upgrading & how much do they cost?

17.03.47-27.06.21.png
( @GIM Opoxi wink, wink )

We will be launching this new system with the most commonly used items within Ely, with the plans of expanding the list of available items to upgrade in the future as time goes on. We made the system as simple as possible for expansion in the future!

17.31.48-27.06.21.png

When clicking on the chest, it will bring up a list of all the available upgradable items.
Items colored in green mean you have that (t2) item in bank/inv/equipped & yellow means you have the normal version.

Beginner's Amulet

18.11.37-07.12.20.png

This will be relatively useless to 99% of you reading this, however something cool to mention. We created a new amulet that all new players will have equipped upon joining Ely (excluding Ironmen accounts) that will auto-upgrade their gear. Check out what I mean:

17.46.46-27.06.21.gif 18.28.18-27.06.21.gif

18.29.56-27.06.21.gif

As you can see, all three attack styles while wearing the Beginner's Amulet will automatically have their gear & weapons upgraded accordingly. There is a cap of course - see the chart below to see how far it goes:

18.31.04-27.06.21.png

Basic level requirements are still required for gear to upgrade appropriately. You cannot upgrade to Green d'hide automatically if you didn't get level 40 Defence already when working on your Melee.

As mentioned above this isn't an update relevant to you guys directly, but for new players this should help ease the pain of running to & fro upgrading nonsensical equipment that is dirt cheap & easily obtainable.

Note: Ironmen do not get the Beginner's Amulet. Can't have Ironman turned too Lazyman mode.

Final Note

18.11.37-07.12.20.png

With all that said, I will be following this update up shortly with some more miscellaneous changes hopefully in the next day or two. No new content like this, but misc changes & fixes, etc. We do hope you enjoy the Upgrade Chest & be sure to let us know what you think below!

• Like 5

This is an awesome idea, hit it out of the park! I haven't played for a while, since I hit max stats. But I do keep an eye on the servers discord and have to say that this is just one of many cool updates/features that have been added. I know I'll be logging in for the first time in a while today, and can't wait to try the new runelite client! 🤩

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 9:06 AM, Lation said:

Due to the success of the upgrade chest, bumping this thread with the latest addition of items available for upgrades:

19.05.59-02.07.21.png

Time to lose alot of items! XD