Zordly

Donorzone

I talked with and proposed a new donor zone to Lation a few days ago. (I put it into a notepad and send it to him.) He said he wanted to look at upgrading the donorzone we already have before moving onto a second. This is just a disclaimer before I go into the format.

I will list each suggestion in here with a number, please put the number that you agree with in your comments to make things easier please.

Username (ingame):Zordly

Suggestion (short description): Upgrading the current donorzone.

Why (explain what this will benefit, and how): Donors will get a bigger "bang for their buck" if you will. A lot of people talk about not being able to use the unlockables, well they need to be unlocked.

Details (a more thorough explanation of the above):

1: Warlocks, mineral mining, rocktail, loom crafting, chinchompa hunting, 2x xp altar are removed from being unlocked. These should be perks you get from donating.

2: Keep the runespan, custom yell tag, and title as unlockables. Runespan should remain unlockable as it's a tiered system.

3: Adding in higher tier implings. Have them drop an item per jar, or sell on ge for gp.

4a: Moving donorzone to a larger location. Might not be as beautiful but a larger area would allow for easier grouping, and spreading, of things in the donorzone.

4b: Add in some donor only npcs(see 4c), and/or wild only npcs (ie chaos ele) to allow donors to do clues easier, with less risk involved. A larger area would allow this more applicable.

4c: Donor only NPCs. Killable NPCs that would drop cosmetic items, lower tiered clue scroll items (not 3rd age), xp lamps, donor only pets? Just something to mess around with and maybe make a poll if it becomes a thing.

5: Add lava strykewyms (not wilywyrm) as a slayer task and have them be a donor only task. (Ice strykes can be added here as well.)

6: If people aren't comfortable with NPCs being in the donorzone maybe a donor only accessed area that allows for these NPCs to be there, that are a quick tele or a quick portal hop away.

7: Add a poh next to a bank to allow for quick building access for construction peeps. (not a brilliant suggestion but a suggestion nonetheless.)

8: An agility net that you can climb for xp. 5k per climb, 15 climbs you get 1 agility ticket.

That's all I got right now. Hopefully you guys enjoy the thread, give some constructive feedback and views please. Thanks guys.

Edited by Enzyme

I am a large fan of the in-game tradable unlocks. I do not think that any additional "passive" benefits should be added. If added as a tradable unlock I support:

#8 (though i think this is unnecessary, this wouldnt benefit anyone that doesn't use an autoclicker [which is bannable])

I also support #3 for all players. I have really enjoyed the lottery aspect of high level imps. Though im nervous this would become another crystal chest (plz no comp req).

Overall, little support. I think that the coding time required for these changes outweighs their benefit.

Best,

Gabriel

Edited by MrSunday
Didn't make it clear that auto clicking is not okay

I found it a bit over the top for having to unlock rocktails myself. Thought they were able to be fished up the regular way, then to my dismay only to find a larger donation was needed to unlock this. In my opinion, if it's part of the regular game then it should be available for others also, however I can understand that donations are necessary to keep this running. Keep in mind there are many ways to have donations without pay-walling certain aspects of the normal game.

With a few items in the shop to purchase, like primal, rapier, and the like, it's possible to add gold, and other smaller/medium tiered gear that has a chance to drop from other creatures too. With a larger donation area you have the ability to create a multitude of combat areas for specific monsters thus shortening trips to areas where they would normally be. Given some skilling areas could be useful, though most should be in their natural area. Prifddinas could also be opened (not quite sure which patch that came out on in official game servers, first time really getting back into in about a decade.) for skilling and a new hub. While my information is very limited in runescape regards, there's always room to grow your donators.