Goddess

Community Voting Incentive

Hi,

This is a small suggestion regarding ways to add an extra incentive to voting for the server.

A community based goal of total votes cast to allow free well activations - Example below of how this would work
Let's say in a 1 week period from Monday to Sunday, as a community we have to vote daily to contribute to the goal.

• 100 times - This would allow a free activation of the Well of Goodwill at Tier 1
  • 200 times - This would allow a free activation of the Well of Goodwill at Tier 2
  • 300 times - This would allow a free activation of the Well of Goodwill at Tier 3

Each player could in theory vote 98 times in a 7 day period, so the above numbers can be changed accordingly to take into account the current active player base.

• Only votes which have awarded the player with a voting ticket will count towards the goal (7 votes in a 12 hour time period).
  • The goal would be cumulative, so once the first goal has been reached we get a Tier 1 Well and then continue voting daily to reach the next goal.
  • This would be a weekly reset activity so if a goal isn't met before the end of Sunday, it would reset and start fresh again on Monday.
    Additionally once all goals have been met, it will reset on Monday as usual.
  • Players will be able to contribute as normal with GP/Items for extra tiers after a free T1 or T2 has been activated.
  • Ideally this would need to be an automatic system, however an Admin+ manually activating the Well could be a solution.
  • Lastly, the main purpose of the well remains unchanged. Players will still be able to activate all 3 tiers as normal regardless of the freebies. This is just an added system to reward the community as a whole.

Let me know your thoughts and any ideas that could help improve this suggestion.

Thanks,
Goddess

• Like 3

great incentive. something beneficial for the whole server is good, considering how demanded well can be. SUPPORT

would there also be a like a vote counter or some sort ingame or on the vote page to indicate how close we are to X vote tier.

STAFF ACCESS ACCOUNT FOR THE WELL

so, once the milestone is hit. Say there is no automated system in effect, I suggest a mule account, exclusive to staff members ONLY; to hold x amount of gp per week or admin access available on the account. So when x tier is hit, a staff member available can hop on the account and use gp to fill well based on what tier was met. This could alternatively lead to complications if someone decides to take advantage of the account (I dont believe would happen) but i think this is the most effective route to keep players happy.

RECHARGE TOKEN

Another suggestion instead of hoarding cash on an alt account for staff members. What if there was some kind of voucher implemented, exclusive to the well of course. kind of the same concept as chaotic recharge tokens. Except its tier 1/2/3 vouchers for the well. They wouldn't be tradeable and have a 0 examine value. Just load up the account with these vouchers and same concept as above. when lation/matt/splash/kari aren't available, one of the staff members can hop on the account, use a token based on the tier achieved and everyones happy.

Love the idea, the more ways to keep people voting the better for the server & community.

I'd think the staff implementing this manually on the "alt account" is viable until an automatic solution is implemented

Even the implementation of 'Voting streaks' could be considered.

• Owner

I do like this idea, could simply add a counter to the information/quest tab & have an automated system setup relatively quickly. 

Would like to see more people’s thoughts on this idea ⬇️

Good ideas or we can have the vote tickets also be used as currency for the well? I would use all the tickets I have sitting in my bank from voting. I don't sell mine on the market and think it would be awesome to give them more use.

• Like 1