X E N O

Loaning system

Hey guys,

So I thought it'd be a great addition to the server if we implanted a loaning system.

A lot of people are asking to borrow items and a few players never return the requested items because it's only based on trust and/or collateral items.

It could have a timer on the loan so if the player is AFK or has to go, the item will automatically go back to the owner.

1. This will prevent people from scamming. 

2. People could loan out their items and make money (e.g someone loans a Primal Rapier for 10h in exchange for 1B or whichever amount)

3. You can allow players to try out some items for a short period of time before they buy the item.

4. Players could also be lending just to help a brother out.

5. Loaning has so many benefits, it's amazing.

Best regards,

XENO

Edited by X E N O
Added # 4

• Developer

would require either a complete new system to enable loaning or a rework of the current trade system + interface to accommodate the loaning trade interface. honestly don't feel it's worth the effort.

9 hours ago, Luke said:

would require either a complete new system to enable loaning or a rework of the current trade system + interface to accommodate the loaning trade interface. honestly don't feel it's worth the effort.

I'm gonna have to agree with Luke on this one.

As an aspirational goal I think it's something that could be implemented eventually and would be quite popular.

+1 Conditional support

I too will have to agree with Luke on this one, I don't really see a need for this to be implemented in any hurry.

Even if this went ahead in the future, I still wouldn't lend my items out so it's not going to make any difference to me either way.

It's not that difficult to just play the game and earn the items themselves, so the need to "test" items out seems very small in my opinion. 

• Developer

An easier solution to this suggestion would be to have official middlemen, or allow all staff members to act as middlemen/witnesses to loans. Record them in the same way you would punishments etc. It might create more work for staff but honestly from what I see now and from past experience there isn't a great deal for staff to be doing.

16 minutes ago, Luke said:

An easier solution to this suggestion would be to have official middlemen, or allow all staff members to act as middlemen/witnesses to loans. Record them in the same way you would punishments etc. It might create more work for staff but honestly from what I see now and from past experience there isn't a great deal for staff to be doing.

We have Rule 13 - Item Lending for this very reason.

It's up to the player to record their own proof, I can't speak for all staff but I certainly do not want to have the responsibility of someone else's items just because they want X to borrow them for a period of time.

We very rarely have to deal with any scamming as a result of item lending so I can't even see their being a demand for this sort of system to be put in place. Not to mention that a middleman system would almost certainly end up with players trying to get in on it, regardless of staff being seen as 'official middlemen' and it could easily cause more problems.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

We have Rule 13 - Item Lending for this very reason.

It's up to the player to record their own proof, I can't speak for all staff but I certainly do not want to have the responsibility of someone else's items just because they want X to borrow them for a period of time. 

It wouldn't really bother me that much, it's not really becoming responsible more than logging something. Just an alternative idea if the system isn't too viable.

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

I too will have to agree with Luke on this one, I don't really see a need for this to be implemented in any hurry.

Even if this went ahead in the future, I still wouldn't lend my items out so it's not going to make any difference to me either way.

It's not that difficult to just play the game and earn the items themselves, so the need to "test" items out seems very small in my opinion. 

I totally agree that this could take a long time and I’m not saying I want it now.

I just think it would be a nice addition to the Ely community as a whole.

This is just a suggestion for the future of Ely and I really do think people will appreciate. 

Thanks for your feedback!

• Like 1

Just adding my own two cents to this idea:

Trading post style loans.

- A trading post of sorts is added to the game, from here players can choose an item to list, set a time they want the loan to last, and finally set a price they wish the lendee to pay for the item loan. To help the games economy, the post will tax 5%, awarding the item owner 95% of the paid fee.

This way we can remove any player interaction at all, whilst benefiting everyone in the process.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Splash said:

- A trading post of sorts is added to the game, from here players can choose an item to list, set a time they want the loan to last, and finally set a price they wish the lendee to pay for the item loan. To help the games economy, the post will tax 5%, awarding the item owner 95% of the paid fee.

This way we can remove any player interaction at all, whilst benefiting everyone in the process.

I love this Idea! But also make it so that you can choose the player you want to lend it to? Cause if it’s like the GE, anyone would have access to it if you’re not quick enough to get it.

Edited by X E N O

44 minutes ago, Splash said:

Definitely in support of this.

Could you make an option to auto renew the listing/loan after the end of the current contract though?

35 minutes ago, X E N O said:

I love this Idea! But also make it so that you can choose the player you want to lend it to? Cause if it’s like the GE, anyone would have access to it if you’re not quick enough to get it.

I would be more for the first come first serve order of business. It's simpler and provides incentive for others to join in without having to know who they are loaning to.

35 minutes ago, DevilSkag said:

Definitely in support of this.

Could you make an option to auto renew the listing/loan after the end of the current contract though?

I would be more for the first come first serve order of business. It's simpler and provides incentive for others to join in without having to know who they are loaning to.

I get what you’re saying.. but I want it to be a way of helping somebody out without actually trading an item. So make it first come first serve but have an option to lend it to someone in particular also! That’d be awesome.

Edited by X E N O

1 minute ago, X E N O said:

I get what you’re saying.. but I want it to be a way of helping somebody put without actually trading an item. So make it first come first serve but have an option to lend it to someone also.. 

I'd imagine the system would allow you to pick your price if you're the lender meaning you can set it to be free.

3 hours ago, DevilSkag said:

I'd imagine the system would allow you to pick your price if you're the lender meaning you can set it to be free.

This is what i had in mind, just let the person your helping out know your about to list it, and they should easily be the first to snag the loan.

34 minutes ago, Splash said:

This is what i had in mind, just let the person your helping out know your about to list it, and they should easily be the first to snag the loan.

Yeah I guess that sounds alright! Nonetheless, a loaning system would be dope! 🙂