Splash

Development blog: Boss Completionist

Howdy folks, hope your all doing well during the pandemic!

Today I'm proposing the addition of a new set of gear, earnable via completing the associated requirements per piece. These requirements will be hefty boss killcounts, pushing players to conquer all that Ely has to offer;  Bandos to our very own Graetoriax.

These requirements will also pave the way for the much requested Trimmed completionist cape. Previously we have been reluctant to add this as an obtainable item, as we felt the goals we could offer were just too lackluster for something with so much prestige. This update would change that, adding more grinds to the game for players to shoot for after they achieve max total.

This set will be no easy feat, with players having to rack up to 500 Graetoriax kills, 1000 of each respective GWD boss. These goals are subject to change, but they will remain high as this isn't meant to be something passively earned.

gPz2s4k.gif

"Cinder, the quartermaster & The final boss set"

The last thing we want, is the set to be a completely useless heap of junk that will sit in players banks. We want this set to offer unique perks to the player, that link back to the requirements they went through. Something like this would be reduced instance fees, chance of doubling your drop, Etc. Whilst we can come up with a list ourselves, we aren't the ones playing to obtain this set 90% of the time.

We want you as the players to tell us what you think the benefits for using this set could be. 

Leave your ideas in the comments below, and any feedback you might have about the concept.

- Splash ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I think benefits that tie into the Bosses that have to be killed in order to obtain it, would be beneficial.

Such as but not limited to:

• Zero instance fees
  • 5-15% chance of damage reduction (Percentage could be looked at, and balanced for different bosses - Will it also stack with divine? etc)
  • Prayer bonus similar to Disciple (maybe higher - benefits the players without $1k donor)
  • 0 Harb KC required
  • Perhaps ability for player to add a quick teleport to a boss of their choice on the Helmet or something
  • Health bonus to replicate nex armours
  • Venom at Zulrah & Vorkath to be cancelled out
  • Immunity from Poison OR less chance for it to be inflicted (Kril/KBD/Vork)
  • 5-15% chance at double drops (Balanced for different bosses, maybe this could be something the player can have active for 1 hour a day)
  • Higher success rate at knocking Tormented Demon shield down OR ability to knock it off with any weapon (ONLY WHILE ARMOUR SET IS WORN)
  • Ability to restore special attack instantly (Limited usage PER day - Let's say 3 times?)
  • Like 6

This is amazing please release it soon. This is always something I've wanted from when I first played my hardcore a long pvm grind with rewards waiting at the end of it. One thing I would suggest is adding bosses to the list such as nex and harbinger x,rul which are some of the harder bosses but it would make this armour more rarer. You could also add all the newer bosses that aren't on there such as vorkath and venenatis. I really look forward to this update and I'm glad I started a new hardcore :). 

also will current kills count towards this or will it be from when its released?

Edited by z e l d a

2 hours ago, z e l d a said:

This is amazing please release it soon. This is always something I've wanted from when I first played my hardcore a long pvm grind with rewards waiting at the end of it. One thing I would suggest is adding bosses to the list such as nex and harbinger x,rul which are some of the harder bosses but it would make this armour more rarer. You could also add all the newer bosses that aren't on there such as vorkath and venenatis. I really look forward to this update and I'm glad I started a new hardcore :). 

also will current kills count towards this or will it be from when its released?

For sure. We'll be including most if not all bosses for KC, It aint gonna be easy 😉

And yes, previous kills should count as they are already being tracked.

This is an amazing update idea and I really look forward to however it is put into game!

So I've thought about this alot and they way that I would most like to see it implemented is by unlocking one piece at a time, counting kills from every boss in the collection log. Then, for simplicity, each boss will be given a multiplier and each tier will require 100 kills * multiplier for all bosses, plus 2000 total boss kill count which will be the sum of all boss kills. With the dummy multipliers I put in place the total number for each tier would be 1326 specific kills. So for each tier:

TIER 1: GLOVES

100*(boss specific multiplier) kills per boss

2000 total boss kills

TIER 2: BOOTS

200*(boss specific multiplier) kills per boss

4000 total boss kills

TIER 3: HELM

300*(boss specific multiplier) kills per boss

6000 total boss kills

TIER 4: PLATELEGS

400*(boss specific multiplier) kills per boss

8000 total boss kills

TIER 5: CHESTPLATE

500*(boss specific multiplier) kills per boss

10000 total boss kills

So this is the list of bosses that I would personally want to add. This does not include barrows, slayer bosses, or gorillas. I don't personally believe that they should be counted, but I am of course open if other people think they should. Please find the specific multipliers that I put in place for each boss as a place holder, again the total right now is 1326 specific kills.

1. 0.15 - Blink
  2. 0.25 - Chaos Elemental
  3. 1 - Commander Zyliana
  4. 0.5 - Corporeal Beast
  5. 3 - Dagannoth Kings (1 for each)
  6. 1 - General Graardor
  7. 1 - Kree'arra
  8. 1 - K'ril Tsusaroth
  9. 0.5 - Kalphite Queen
  10. 1 - King Black Dragon
  11. 0.25 - Nex
  12. 0.5 - Queen Black Dragon
  13. 0.25 - Tormented Demons
  14. 0.05 - TzTok-Jad
  15. 0.01 - Har'Aken
  16. 0.25 - Graetoriax the Unbroken
  17. 0.25 - Harbinger X'Rul
  18. 0.25 - Nomad
  19. 0.05 - WildyWyrm
  20. 1 - Venenatix
  21. 0.5 - Vorkath
  22. 0.5 - Zulrah

As for the armour itself, these are the specific perks that I would personally like to see:

• Tribrid armour
  • 0.2x reduction in instance cost (and GWD room entry) per piece worn
  • +4 prayer per piece worn
  • 0.03x increase in damage to bosses per piece worn
  • 0.03x increase in drop rate from bosses per piece worn
  • While any piece is equipped (or all the time after tier 1 is unlocked); add total boss kill count to right click player examine text in chat
  • Access to different tiers of PVM shop that include things like rocktails, overloads, super antifires, enchanted bolts, etc.

Thank you for reading, very excited for this to roll out!

Gabriel

• Like 2

Here are some ideas for potential requirements for the comp trimmed in Skilling, Pvm and misc and a rough amount if what I believe they should be at. I know these requirements are hella harsh but this set isnt something that everyone should be running around in. I support all of the set effects mentioned above but prefer the idea of the whole set having the bonuses and being obtained as a set rather than individual pieces. 

Skilling requirements
Mine 2500 runite ore
Smelt 2500 rune bars
Cut 2500 dragonstones
Burn 2500 magic logs
Cut 2500 magic logs
Flecth 2500 magic longbows
Run 1000 barb advanced course laps
Catch 2500 snowy knights
Make 1000 overload options
Pickpocket dwarf trade 2500 times
Fish 2500 Rocktail
Cook 2500 Rocktail
Make 2000 steel titan pouches
Complete 500 slayer tasks
Complete 2000 dung floors

Pvm requirements
1000 Sara
1000 Zammy
1000 Bandos
1000 Armadyl
1000 venenatis
1000 chaos ele
1000 Cerberus
1000 demonic gorillas
1000 kbd
1000 zulrah
1000 Kraken
1000 vorkath
1000 supreme
1000 rex
1000 prime
1000 kalphite queen
500 skotizo
500 jad
500 nomad
500 soulgazer.

500 harbinger x,rul
500 graetoriax
500 tormented demons
500 corporal beast

500 blink

300 nex

100 wildy wyrm
50 kiln completions

Misc requirements
Open 2500 clue caskets
Open 5000 crystal keys

Lemme know what you think of the requirements and any potential ones that we could add. 

Edited by z e l d a
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 8:29 PM, Nerevar said:

How about the ability to use specific items on the armour to improve it? Such as a divine sigil for the 10-15% damage soaking, noted anti-venoms for it's anti-venom effect, dominion tower gloves etc. 

Serp helm maybe, for the passive antivenom effect