Kramzie

HCIM Completion Cape - Wildy Tasks

Hello I would like to make a suggestion to reduce the number of kills to 1 for WildyWyrms .. Mostly because that forces us HCIM's to go into wildy and I feel as that isn't right, I can understand other bosses but not that one. I don't think there is any other Wildy bosses/achievements but that one spotted my eye. I don't know if you can remove it just for HCIM's but let me know what you think.

Thank you!

EDIT 7/29/20 12:16 : One more thing it also gets announced in chat when it spawns and that's an easy way for a pker to check to see if someone is there I know there are people out there that main to just pk and It's just way to sketchy. 😞

- J E N

Edited by Kramzie
  • Like 4

+1 support.

Creating a sticking with a HC account is hard enough as it is. Removing this task would actually make comp cape achievable without the risk of losing the account/status to players within wildy. Another option up for discussion is Ironman or HC ironman teams, so that we could boss together. I haven't done much pvm, and the thought of having to solo every boss, simply isn't possible with the limited gear on an iron-man account. I hope Lation considers these options.

The risk is also raised if you happen to be a player with high ping (Australians play with 300-350 ping), which almost cancels out bossing completely due to lag. 😞

Regards,
Isaac.

Edited by Chippy
  • Like 2

I don't think it should be removed based solely on the fact that it carries extra risk for HCIM accounts.

We've had HCIM's comp before so it's entirely possible to do.

The wilderness as it stands is rather dead, at least this requirement adds a tiny bit of life.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Chippy said:

+1 support.

Creating a sticking with a HC account is hard enough as it is. Removing this task would actually make comp cape achievable without the risk of losing the account/status to players within wildy. Another option up for discussion is Ironman or HC ironman teams, so that we could boss together. I haven't done much pvm, and the thought of having to solo every boss, simply isn't possible with the limited gear on an iron-man account. I hope Lation considers these options.

The risk is also raised if you happen to be a player with high ping (Australians play with 300-350 ping), which almost cancels out bossing completely due to lag. 😞

Regards,
Isaac.

I love the idea of bossing together with hcim's. I also support that 100% +1

EDIT: Plus on RS3 currently you can boss with other ironmans. 

Edited by Kramzie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Goddess said:

I don't think it should be removed based solely on the fact that it carries extra risk for HCIM accounts.

We've had HCIM's comp before so it's entirely possible to do.

The wilderness as it stands is rather dead, at least this requirement adds a tiny bit of life.

I understand that but when you have hours upon hours doing Legend and you can lose it all in a second based on someone in wildy cause you were trying to get one comp completion is not right. That's my opinion and even if it's dead that risk is still there for you to lose all your progress. I would rather die from a boss that was my mistake than a player. Please understand that.

• Like 2

Just now, Kramzie said:

I understand that but when you have hours upon hours doing Legend and you can lose it all in a second based on someone in wildy cause you were trying to get one comp completion is not right. That's my opinion and even if it's dead that risk is still there for you to lose all your progress. I would rather die from a boss that was my mistake than a player. Please understand that.

I understand what you're saying but it won't change my stance on the suggestion.

HCIM only need 1,500 total level and they will be reverted to a regular Ironman upon death, so not all progress will be lost.

Wilderness is meant to be dangerous and the Completionist Cape is best in slot for all styles, it needs to have requirements which pose a challenge to the player.

• Administrators

HCIM isn't meant to be easy, and it's easy enough as it is, and that goes for all iron man modes, but that will all change with the iron man revamp we have planned.

While I do see your point, I do not support this suggestion.

There is always a possibility that you'll be killed when you enter the wilderness, and while this task forces you to go into the wildy, it's not something you absolutely have to do, comp cape isn't meant for everyone. There's also a good possibility that you'll die from fighting other bosses which can happen in a second.

Pking is a part of the game, as is the wilderness. Nobody is forced to take part in every aspect of the game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kari said:

HCIM isn't meant to be easy, and it's easy enough as it is, and that goes for all iron man modes, but that will all change with the iron man revamp we have planned.

While I do see your point, I do not support this suggestion.

There is always a possibility that you'll be killed when you enter the wilderness, and while this task forces you to go into the wildy, it's not something you absolutely have to do, comp cape isn't meant for everyone. There's also a good possibility that you'll die from fighting other bosses which can happen in a second.

Pking is a part of the game, as is the wilderness. Nobody is forced to take part in every aspect of the game.

I can understand that. And I would just like to know in the revamp is there going to be more Wildy content for HCIM? 😕 And I knew that there was going to be a revamp was not sure if it was going to affect the "Legacy" Ironmans, And a whole completely new gamemode for the Ironmans. But since I don't think this will go any where you may close this thread. 

Thank you.

- J E N

Edited by Kramzie
  • Like 1

• Developer

I would support a reduction to 1 WW as a requirement for HCIM. While the game shouldn't be catered for them, WW is way too much of a risk for anybody let alone a HCIM.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luke said:

I would support a reduction to 1 WW as a requirement for HCIM. While the game shouldn't be catered for them, WW is way too much of a risk for anybody let alone a HCIM.

Or even like what Luke said reduce it to at least 1. That's a lot better than 5 times.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Boats said:

No support. Hardcore is so easy. Keep one risky thing in there. 

also definitely no support on group bossing for hc. That is just silly

I'm going to edit it, Reduce the number of kills to 1. My bad. And people say it's easy because you don't play "Legend". Getting items like starting gear in shops is what makes it easy in the beginning but past that no one wants to try Legend and go into the wildy. I would love to try to go for comp but going into wildy 5 times to risk it all. . Now that's silly. (And when I say risk it all I mean HCIM status).

Please take this into consideration and view how the top highscore HCIM's view this. I guarantee the top 10 HCIM (Legends) would say the same thing. And it's not "Comp cape isn't made for everyone" It's just people don't want to risk all there progress five times in a row that are top of the leaderboards. There are many risks for HCIM. Disconnects, Bossing, PVM'ing and already going into wildy if they wanted to do wildy agility course and possibly clue scrolls in wildy.

Edited by Kramzie
  • Like 1

Shouldn’t completionist be something to be proud of. To show off that you went above and beyond the usual? I don’t see the point of removing the only real hard requirement. I think it opens up a bad precedent of removing things because it’s “too hard”. I think that is a silly thing to do. 

If you bring the right gear, you should be able to tank from wherever he is if you are good. With the lack of pkers on the server, I think this is a bad idea. 

19 minutes ago, Boats said:

Shouldn’t completionist be something to be proud of. To show off that you went above and beyond the usual? I don’t see the point of removing the only real hard requirement. I think it opens up a bad precedent of removing things because it’s “too hard”. I think that is a silly thing to do. 

If you bring the right gear, you should be able to tank from wherever he is if you are good. With the lack of pkers on the server, I think this is a bad idea. 

I disagree. And of course it is a big accomplishment but you are not in our position so you wouldn't know. And it's not a really hard requirement. It's just not right that you have to risk going in 5 times. And what is hard is trying to acquire "Good" gear to prepare for it because you don't want to get pkd each trip. Lol. You got your opinion and I respect it.

And I'm going with Luke on this one to not completely remove it at least kill WW once. That seems fair enough to me.

Edited by Kramzie

36 minutes ago, Kramzie said:

I disagree. And of course it is a big accomplishment but you are not in our position so you wouldn't know. And it's not a really hard requirement. It's just not right that you have to risk going in 5 times. And what is hard is trying to acquire "Good" gear to prepare for it because you don't want to get pkd each trip. Lol. You got your opinion and I respect it.

And I'm going with Luke on this one to not completely remove it at least kill WW once. That seems fair enough to me.

I have a maxed hardcore account lol. It’s mad easy. 

You should have good gear to comp an account. I am staying with my opinion. 5 is a perfectly reasonable number. 

1 hour ago, Boats said:

I have a maxed hardcore account lol. It’s mad easy. 

You should have good gear to comp an account. I am staying with my opinion. 5 is a perfectly reasonable number. 

What's your game mode? Just curious. Difficulty also takes factor on how "easy" it is. Only person I know that's maxed for Legend is ISO. If your ISO it's not that easy just for the fact that only one person has a max cape Dami was close but not sure what happened to him. And if you are ISO just means you have more time on your hands than others. If I was any other gamemode then yeah I would try it because it's easy to get those stats. Plus you also have to factor in your 30% increase boost. But it's to risky for legends to try to achieve comp. And I'm not trying to change your opinion just trying to explain.

Edited by Kramzie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kramzie said:

What's your game mode? Just curious. Difficulty also takes factor on how "easy" it is. Only person I know that's maxed for Legend is ISO. If your ISO it's not that easy just for the fact that only one person has a max cape Dami was close but not sure what happened to him. And if you are ISO just means you have more time on your hands than others. If I was any other gamemode then yeah I would try it because it's easy to get those stats. Plus you also have to factor in your 30% increase boost. But it's to risky for legends to try to achieve comp. And I'm not trying to change your opinion just trying to explain.

You're basing your whole opinion on the Legend game mode and I've highlighted in red a key part of your argument.

What you're saying is that because it takes longer to level up skills on Legend mode that they should get a free pass when it comes to comp requirements. You've said yourself that if you were any other XP rate that you would try to comp because it's "easy" to get the stats. As I've said before if you get to 1,500 total you will go to regular ironman, no progress lost.

If the highscores didn't exist there wouldn't be a case for this change to be made as it seems this argument is also based on being ranked with the HC status. Comp has been achieved by HCIM's before, it has been done. To me that would automatically make them better at the gamemode as they've overcome that challenge.

• Like 1

• Administrators

People could also just start with getting combat stats up and then finish the wildywyrm task straight away before getting a whole lot of progress on the account, that would remove the whole point of losing all your progress. Wildywyrm itself isn't that hard to kill, can be done in pretty shit gear. I've killed a fair amount of wildywyrms in my time on Ely and never encountered another player.

Completionist cape is already very easy as it is, I don't see a reason for making it easier for any gamemode.
If ultimate ironmen can comp, you too can comp on hcim, or you probably should be playing a different gamemode.

• Haha 1

Game changes have never been made for different game modes. You chose to limit yourself and make it harder. My hc is default. Just because it takes longer on legend does not mean it is harder. I also had no donator benefits when I did it lol. 

It’s not impossible. Keep one hard thing on the list haha

• Haha 1