kutanaga

Woodcutting Guide V2

Hey everyone. I have a woodcutting guide posted already but it's a little outdated since things have changed such as the new home location. I know woodcutting is a pretty self explanatory skill to train but if you're a newer player, this might be helpful to learn new locations and make your time more efficient! Let's begin.

Where to buy hatchets?

At home (Type ::tele home OR press the Home button on your keyboard!)

Trade the Skilling Store NPC for Iron Hatchet and Rune Hatchet.

Trade Bob (right next to Skilling Store NPC) for Bronze, Iron, and Steel Hatchet. 

hatchets.thumb.png.365ecd0be242d03b8b481540194744d6.png

Levels 1-15: Normal Trees

Begin with cutting Normal trees.

Type ::tele skilling OR use the Notes tab (it's the blue circle with a T in the middle, at the bottom right), click Skilling Teleports, then Skilling Area.

teletab.png.03a68c75f57492314aeee43bb1bccc57.png             >             skillingarea.png.c4b4ff7669f252aa99ea508a1cfa934c.png

firsttrees.thumb.png.2631bf1bb78580aba0de934e55d20a42.png

Levels 15-30: Oak Trees

Type ::tele catherby and go a little north OR go to Skilling Teleports > Farming > Catherby

catherbyoaks.thumb.png.cd9c75a3920e1b65201c845c5e4e206b.png

Levels 30-45: Willow Trees

Type ::tele skilling or use the Skilling Teleports tab to go to Skilling Area

(Image is shown above for the skilling area)

Levels 45-60: Maple Trees

Type ::tele camelot and follow the walking path west a little bit

There are a few maple trees and they're near a bank!

camelot.thumb.png.0c4ef9877fa39875975a072b01e8f23c.png

Levels 60-68: Yew Trees

Type ::tele skilling or use the Skilling Teleports tab to go to Skilling Area

(Image is shown above for the skilling area)

You can also do ::tele gnome and go directly west a little bit and there will be a few yew trees with a bank nearby

gnomeyews.thumb.png.96e183669d41c912470085c9d94a9cbc.png

Levels 68-75: Ivy

Type ::tele home OR Home button on keyboard.

On the south side wall of the bank, there is a bunch of Ivy.

ivy.thumb.png.6d4c5620ca49ba2691087edfc37a2e00.png

Levels 75-99: Magic Trees

First let me say, if you don't need magic logs for fletching or firemaking, I would suggest cutting ivy from 68-99. It gives more xp than magic trees.

There are two decent options. If you're a free player (haven't donated money) I would suggest this first option

Type ::tele duel and use the door on the fence to the west of the duel building. Go north east to the Mage Training Arena. There will be two magic trees here.

There is a bank at ::tele duel

duel.png.8bbc1980201ada1a4680bb183e3840d0.png

OR

If you have donated to the server ($5 at least) you will have access to the Donator Zone!

To get here, type ::tele dz OR click the Squeal of Fortune tab (right next to spellbook), click Donator Options, then Donator Zone. Once here, run south and there will be multiple trees near a bank!

dz.thumb.png.7310fac93c554ee7a03e941bf9b3947f.png

If you want to get to 200m xp, ivy is the way to go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nelly said:

nice guide, straight to the point. like how you included various areas to chop certain trees 😄

Thanks! I know a guide like this would be mostly used by newer players and they might not have donated yet, so no access to donator zone. Tried to find a decent free place to get magic trees. The two yew trees options, idk haha. I found the gnome spot and decided to add it to the guide. Then when I added the image, I was like.... uhhh... why did I do that. The skilling area is the best spot?? No idea... but hey, options!