Spuddy

Mythical/Arcane Crossbow

Imagine a crossbow that is Tier 95-99 that could shoot the special attack on any bolt, through a special attack?

The crossbow would be slightly better than Royal, but in accuracy standards or something (im up for ideas on it)

Currently we have up to Royal C'bow and no other custom Crossbow, but we have a custom bow. I was thinking of naming a new crossbow the "Arcane" or "Mythical" Crossbow, or a good name like that. I suggested this because I thought it sounded interesting at first thought and expressed it to other people, since theres already a Graetorian Recurve Bow, but nothing about a new crossbow.

It wouldn't be TOO overpowered, because certain bolt specials deduct a certain amount of special attack energy.

Any Bolts other than Ruby = maybe 30-50% Special Attack Bar

Ruby = 75-100% since it can do a massive deal of damage on certain bosses. (i.e Graetoriax/Corp/Any high HP boss, including Nex)

Of course the passive effect of the bolts are always a think anyway, just the added option to use special attack energy for this would deem it useful for when you need to spec something. Diamond bolts pierce through defence, but Im not sure if they reduce the defence of the enemy you're fighting. If they do, then that would also be a great feature for the special attack of Diamond bolts, etc.

This is just a draft idea I had, not really much else to come up with. Don't hate if you don't like it, I'm only a mere player that enjoys the game for what it is.

❤️

1) We have blowpipe, Zaryte and Graetios recurve already. I understand you probably want a better 1H weapon, but range is already the best (and most diverse) combat style on this server, so for the time being, I'm gonna say no.

2) Where would this come from? Don't need another paywall-locked item, and we don't have a good boss to give it to at the moment.

3) Making a crossbow with higher range bonus than the Royal Crossbow would never miss lol. Shit already has like +130 or more.

4) I like the idea of a special bar, but the give the bow it's own special attack, not the ability to use any bolt's passive at will.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

1) We have blowpipe, Zaryte and Graetios recurve already. I understand you probably want a better 1H weapon, but range is already the best (and most diverse) combat style on this server, so for the time being, I'm gonna say no.

2) Where would this come from? Don't need another paywall-locked item, and we don't have a good boss to give it to at the moment.

3) Making a crossbow with higher range bonus than the Royal Crossbow would never miss lol. Shit already has like +130 or more.

4) I like the idea of a special bar, but the give the bow it's own special attack, not the ability to use any bolt's passive at will.

#1 If we have a custom bow, should also atleast match a custom crossbow, at some point in the future. 

#2 it wouldn't be paylocked, it wouldnt release without a way to get it. Although shit can be bought through donor, I dont support the idea of it being that way anyway.

#3 You dont always miss or hit with anything, if you added a custom bow, why not a custom crossbow, stats can be matched or mixed around, thats why I said im up for ideas on it.

#4 What would you suggest the special attack do? Theres already ones like ACB that give you the 100% accuracy thing for that one shot.

1 minute ago, Luke said:

The Armadyl Crossbow feels like it kind of does this.. perhaps giving that special attack a slight buff may be a better choice?

ACB is shit, that would be a lazy buff.

3 minutes ago, Spuddy said:

#1 If we have a custom bow, should also atleast match a custom crossbow, at some point in the future. 

#2 it wouldn't be paylocked, it wouldnt release without a way to get it. Although shit can be bought through donor, I dont support the idea of it being that way anyway.

#3 You dont always miss or hit with anything, if you added a custom bow, why not a custom crossbow, stats can be matched or mixed around, thats why I said im up for ideas on it.

#4 What would you suggest the special attack do? Theres already ones like ACB that give you the 100% accuracy thing for that one shot.

I'm saying that we dont have a good way currently to obtain it as a drop. Unless we added it to the ruins droptable to be the bow's counterpart.

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

The Armadyl Crossbow feels like it kind of does this.. perhaps giving that special attack a slight buff may be a better choice?

The ACB doesn't fire the bolt types passive special attack. That's what my aim was for this one. It could shoot the passive effect of lets say, Ruby Bolts on like Nex to do massive dmg for 75-100% of ur special.

Just now, Kyle said:

I'm saying that we dont have a good way currently to obtain it as a drop. Unless we added it to the ruins droptable to be the bow's counterpart.

That could make sense, would it be the same drop rate as the bow?

• Developer
Just now, Spuddy said:

The ACB doesn't fire the bolt types passive special attack. That's what my aim was for this one. It could shoot the passive effect of lets say, Ruby Bolts on like Nex to do massive dmg for 75-100% of ur special.

Yeah, that's what I meant by buffing it. Allow it to fire the special of the bolt you currently have equipped, for a decent chunk of the special attack bar.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Yeah, that's what I meant by buffing it. Allow it to fire the special of the bolt you currently have equipped, for a decent chunk of the special attack bar.

Yeah, It would be something along the lines of 50% on any other attack possibly, but with Rubies it would be a bigger chunk because of the effect

• Administrators

While I do agree that we don't really need more range weapons right now, I do like this suggestion.

I don't think now is the right time to bring in more custom combat gear, but maybe in the future.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kari said:

While I do agree that we don't really need more range weapons right now, I do like this suggestion.

I don't think now is the right time to bring in more custom combat gear, but maybe in the future.

Of course 🙂 I do hope to see something like this in the future when there's a set agenda for higher tiers or such, possibly adding it with another boss with possibly even a defender/range offhand for it as well. Only thing that would get me concerned is how the Twisted Bow would fair because its OSRS content, but at the same time it would be way overpowered against most of the other weapons in the game.