Kyle

Bone Offering In-Game: Detailed

Ingame Username: Kyle
Description of bug: Altars yield incorrect XP rates for every bone I have tested. Results below.
Screenshots, if possible:

So basically, I was using Frost Dragon bones on the x2 altar at donator zone and realized that they are supposed to be better than Dagannoth bones in every way, but they're not. I further tested this by comparing other bones to the results I got with frost bones and here are the results (note: I am on Legend, x10 xp, as well as have the patron boost, so I should be getting x15 real RS rates):

OURG Bones:

Bury XP: 2100 (correct)

Home altar: 3360 XP

Gilded Altar: 5040 XP (incorrect, this should be 7,350. This is our first indicator)

x2 XP Altar at DZ: 6,720 XP (incorrect, this should be 10,080 XP because the gilded altar should be 7,350)

Frost Dragon Bones:

Bury XP: 2,700 (correct)

Home Altar: 4,320 XP

Gilded Altar:  6480 XP (incorrect, should be 9,450 XP)

x2 Altar in DZ: 8,640 XP (incorrect, should be 14,175 XP because that is 0.50x more than Gilded. This assumes gilded is 1.5x regular altar, which it is)

So, TL;DR is that this could all be fixed globally for every bone at once, if the xp rates for the altars themselves were adjusted, instead of doing it bone by bone. Thanks for reading, this took awhile to get all the evidence.

Thanks to Jake for the POH altar!

Edit: All 3 altars mentioned above would have to be changed. The XP rates for the altar at home aren't available online, but you could do some algebra to figure it out, because the gilded altar xp rates are online, and you could just divide by 1.5x at that point. Thanks in advance if this gets fixed!

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 2

Very useful research here Kyle!

Prayer is of course not a hard skill to train; but as a legend account can become very worked out due to the time it takes to collect bones.

Support the cause +1.

I think it's fair tbh. I've noticed this from the start, but given you can buy frosts with EP and cannot buy dagannoth, it justifies the difference. Dagannoth much harder to obtain quickly.

Edited by Vegemite