kutanaga

Prestige system?

Username: owl
Suggestion: prestige system for individual and or total levels (preferably individual levels such as woodcutting, etc)
Why (how will it benefit players overall):  Just speaking on my own experience, I'm a skiller and I love gaining xp. I've been maxed with multiple 200m's on two accounts (normal mode) and since then, I've kind of stopped playing regularly. I've been logging on a few times a day to quickly check the GE and log back off. I haven't actually been playing. I think if there was a system to be able to reset a level/xp in a skill to 0 but still get credit for having gotten that level 99/200m to show off to players (for bragging rights of course), it would be super cool. Maybe someone could prestige a skill up to 10 times until they can't anymore or something? 

I just love the prestige idea because it's so common in so many games nowadays so that players can keep playing and gaining experience. If I were able to prestige my skills back to 0 but still keep the progress somehow in a way that proves I already gained the level 99/200m I'd be all for it. I would definitely try and get to the highest prestige in the skills I enjoy the most and play much more actively. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Not directed at you kutanaga.

He knows that it was suggested and polled before and it got denied.

Now for the reply to this suggestion.

As we know, this has been suggested before and was denied. With that being said, I think we should reconsider this idea.

What I suggest is that Prestige would be a separate game mode  with a separate leaderboards (like legend, iron man etc). When making a new account you get the choice of game modes with Prestige as one of them. I'm not sure exactly how we should go about prestiging but for those of you who are familiar with how it worked on DogeScape, I would recommend going with that or something similar.

The reason I suggest it be a separate gamemode is due to the fact that the server is almost 2 years old with a whole lot of accounts created and it would not work to implement a prestige system into the current accounts.

I really enjoy skilling, and I very much enjoyed the prestige system on DogeScape which is why I am supporting this suggestion.

Please give your thoughts and opinions on this suggestion and my addition to it 🙂

CREDIT TO BOATS FOR THE ORIGINAL IDEA

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kari said:

Not directed at you kutanaga.

He knows that it was suggested and polled before and it got denied.

Now for the reply to this suggestion.

As we know, this has been suggested before and was denied. With that being said, I think we should reconsider this idea.

What I suggest is that Prestige would be a separate game mode  with a separate leaderboards (like legend, iron man etc). When making a new account you get the choice of game modes with Prestige as one of them. I'm not sure exactly how we should go about prestiging but for those of you who are familiar with how it worked on DogeScape, I would recommend going with that or something similar.

The reason I suggest it be a separate gamemode is due to the fact that the server is almost 2 years old with a whole lot of accounts created and it would not work to implement a prestige system into the current accounts.

I really enjoy skilling, and I very much enjoyed the prestige system on DogeScape which is why I am supporting this suggestion.

Please give your thoughts and opinions on this suggestion and my addition to it 🙂

What  a highly unique idea. You are so smart for coming up with that 

pls dont hurt me

• Administrators
Just now, Boats said:

What  a highly unique idea. You are so smart for coming up with that 

Hide contents

pls dont hurt me

Haha I might've remembered that somewhere deep inside my head and that was the spark to my comment, but I had forgotten all about that comment 😛

I didn't realize a near identical post was made not long ago. Guess that's my bad for not checking first. Then again, if it didn't get support from that post maybe this one might get a second chance? Dunno. 

Plus I disagree with at least one thing the previous post said. If you prestige, your xp rate is decreased. That's dumb. Just keep it the same. I want to prestige to regain that juicy xp at the same rate as I signed up for. If I wanted a decreased xp rate I'd just pick legend mode

To be Honest, I don't see any negatives to this suggestion.

Plus, it really could benefit players who like to skill and like the prestige system.

As I only see an upside, I see no reason why I should Say no to this suggestion.

You got my support. +1

• Thanks 1

Just now, Masoud said:

To be Honest, I don't see any negatives to this suggestion.

Plus, it really could benefit players who like to skill and like the prestige system.

As I only see an upside, I see no reason why I should Say no to this suggestion.

You got my support. +1

Sweet, thanks for the support!

I think this is a great idea!

It gives the players that are maxed more of a reason to play, recently the server has been quiet and I think this would give the more experienced players another reason to get back on and grind through the levels.

I can only see this as a positive change..

+++ALL OF MY SUPPORT!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adz said:

I think this is a great idea!

It gives the players that are maxed more of a reason to play, recently the server has been quiet and I think this would give the more experienced players another reason to get back on and grind through the levels.

I can only see this as a positive change..

+++ALL OF MY SUPPORT!

Thank you 🙂

6 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I like the idea, and it is something in most games now that keeps players going. But im with kari on this one making a new gamemode for the prestige system. Support

Thank you 🙂