Splash

Summer boss + Misc changes

SUMMER IS HERE

Not late at all lul

Howdy Ely fam. Small updates coming today whilst we work on the next official update for the server. These updates include the next summer boss in the rotation as well as some small QOL / bug fixes. Hope you all enjoy, And have had a great summer thus far!

Welcome bork-ini, The latest addition to the Seasonal boss list. With Bork-ini comes a new outfit, Some new unique cosmetics you won't find anywhere else, and a revamped drop table compared to previous seasonal bosses.

Bork-ini is located on a new summer isle, With many different skilling activity spots placed everywhere. There's also a very handy bank deposit box for all the cluttered drops you recieve & materials you gather. Have fun and good luck on the sweet new drops!

spacer.png

We also took it into our hands to change how the GE Works. From now on items will only be auto-bought if the item is sold by an NPC in-game. Otherwise it will be player to player trading. This is to ensure players don't auto-buy items below the 250k threshold that can flood the eco.

Read the patch notes below!

- Added summer boss with new unique items + A Social summer skilling area
- Void bones now have a noted form (Replaced previous drops above 1+ quantity with the noted version)
- Removed some broken items from GE eg. Abyssal whip
- Scythe can no longer be noted
- Updated some ruins of grae models
- Added Lation's personal item

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Was a mistake to begin with having GE the way it was.

I really like the change. As we move forward we can always add/remove items.

2 hours ago, Kari said:

Was a mistake to begin with having GE the way it was.

I really like the change. As we move forward we can always add/remove items.

If you guys are actually open to allowing that, then I like it. All the new players are effed though. People who have maxed and bought 200m in the skills have the potential to rule the eco. I have like 200k diamonds or something dumb like that. I can sell those for an insane profit. Imo, since the server started with it, it should have stayed like it. But I digress. 

2 hours ago, Lation said:

Do you even play Ely? 😂

That’s irrelevant. I used to and I still do care about its growth and player base. I personally just don’t like it. But again, if the team is open to adding more shit to it, then my opinion would change. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Boats said:

If you guys are actually open to allowing that, then I like it. All the new players are effed though. People who have maxed and bought 200m in the skills have the potential to rule the eco. I have like 200k diamonds or something dumb like that. I can sell those for an insane profit. Imo, since the server started with it, it should have stayed like it. But I digress. 

That’s irrelevant. I used to and I still do care about its growth and player base. I personally just don’t like it. But again, if the team is open to adding more shit to it, then my opinion would change. 

The previous state of the GE Literally caused multiple cases of bug abuse, Some of which Could have entirely fucked the eco altogether, we're talking hundreds of billions making its way in-game through illegitimate methods. And that's only the tip of the iceberg, Had some of the staff not found these bugs by checking logs, or players not reported them, We would not have the slightest clue they existed. And still, There could have been 10x the amount that has gone on and been abused behind our backs. It's better the eco takes a hit, And the fact you have stockpiled up to 200k diamonds from doing nothing just further proves the point as to how fucked the GE truly was.

Nobody needs 200k diamonds, Or 200k dragon bones etc, It's demand VS Supply, And as the supply is 10x the demand, item price will soon drop drastically. Sure some items will need to be added overtime (Like the cannonballs) But this is truely the best way forward in terms of having an economy thats more profitable for everyone involved, and relieves the risk of having your cash removed just because one player abused a bug and bought your items.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Splash said:

The previous state of the GE Literally caused multiple cases of bug abuse, Some of which Could have entirely fucked the eco altogether, we're talking hundreds of billions making its way in-game through illegitimate methods. And that's only the tip of the iceberg, Had some of the staff not found these bugs by checking logs, or players not reported them, We would not have the slightest clue they existed. And still, There could have been 10x the amount that has gone on and been abused behind our backs. It's better the eco takes a hit, And the fact you have stockpiled up to 200k diamonds from doing nothing just further proves the point as to how fucked the GE truly was.

Nobody needs 200k diamonds, Or 200k dragon bones etc, It's demand VS Supply, And as the supply is 10x the demand, item price with drop drastically. Sure some items will need to be added overtime (Like the cannonballs) But this is truely the best way forward in terms of having an economy thats more profitable for everyone involved, and relieves the risk of having your cash removed just because one player abused a bug and bought your items.

As I said twice before, I agree. I personally found a few of them. I didn’t see before the commenting that you are open to adding more things to the ge/stores. That changes my opinion slightly. 

But at the same time, there was no eco on rsps2. There was no eco on zarpor. There just wasn’t. It was a nice change of pace being able to actually buy things. 

I appreciate that response. And as I stated multiple times, if you do actually add things over time, then it’ll be a lot better. 

Just now, Boats said:

As I said twice before, I agree. I personally found a few of them. I didn’t see before the commenting that you are open to adding more things to the ge/stores. That changes my opinion slightly. 

But at the same time, there was no eco on rsps2. There was no eco on zarpor. There just wasn’t. It was a nice change of pace being able to actually buy things. 

I appreciate that response. And as I stated multiple times, if you do actually add things over time, then it’ll be a lot better. 

For sure, Any suggestions that you might have just get in contact with us. Suggestion forum is barely used even though thats what we use the most to base updates off of. Also my discord pm's are always open. Appreciate the concerns.

16 hours ago, Splash said:

Nobody needs 200k diamonds, Or 200k dragon bones etc, It's demand VS Supply, And as the supply is 10x the demand, item price will soon drop drastically. Sure some items will need to be added overtime (Like the cannonballs) But this is truely the best way forward in terms of having an economy thats more profitable for everyone involved, and relieves the risk of having your cash removed just because one player abused a bug and bought your items.

No idea what these GE bugs youre talking about. They sounded fun! 😮

I can see why the GE was reworked, but I can only be frustrated for not being able to buy essential items like: cannonballs, potion flasks etcMy biggest concern is for new players trying to do 200m skills. Unable to buy essential supplies that were provided on ge, ie: dhide leathers, some logs (eucalyptus is one), herbs/unfinished potions, mithril bars, gems, pearl bolts to enchant for mage, dart tips for fletching. This is just to name a few. To me it just feels like you will be playing in the sense of an ironman, seeing as no one even gathers these supplies and the demand is going to way out due the scarce supply by a long shot. This could deter new players to stay because not everyone wants to play with this intent.  I suppose it's viable to train other skills then combat and your gatherer skills now but it would be one hell of a grind and if you want supplies i'd imagine you'll be paying a premium unless you are on easy or an ironman.

Some people will agree it's a good change and some will disagree with the change, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the GE holds in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nelly said:

I can see why the GE was reworked, but I can only be frustrated for not being able to buy essential items like: cannonballs, potion flasks etcMy biggest concern is for new players trying to do 200m skills. Unable to buy essential supplies that were provided on ge, ie: dhide leathers, some logs (eucalyptus is one), herbs/unfinished potions, mithril bars, gems, pearl bolts to enchant for mage, dart tips for fletching. This is just to name a few. To me it just feels like you will be playing in the sense of an ironman, seeing as no one even gathers these supplies and the demand is going to way out due the scarce supply by a long shot. This could deter new players to stay because not everyone wants to play with this intent.  I suppose it's viable to train other skills then combat and your gatherer skills now but it would be one hell of a grind and if you want supplies i'd imagine you'll be paying a premium unless you are on easy or an ironman.

Some people will agree it's a good change and some will disagree with the change, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the GE holds in the future.

This Basically sums up my opinion of the G.E ,Some of the changes are good, but most basic stuff aren't there.

And grinding for every type of logs and other stuff is just basically being an Ironman.

I hope you guys can find the middle ground with the G.E Update.

It's not all good, but it's not all bad either.

• Like 2

• Owner
23 hours ago, Masoud said:

This Basically sums up my opinion of the G.E ,Some of the changes are good, but most basic stuff aren't there.

And grinding for every type of logs and other stuff is just basically being an Ironman.

I hope you guys can find the middle ground with the G.E Update.

It's not all good, but it's not all bad either.

We will be, we are constantly looking & listening for feedback of this sort, more specifically how @nelly listed out specific items. Basic supplies, etc, are all things we can add over time back to the G/E. 

Danks fellas ❤️

• Thanks 1