nelly

demonic gorillas

DEMONIC GORILLAS TIPS

::tele gorillas

gorillas can be a tricky monster to master but I'm going to give you some tips on the most effective methods to kill them, including the mechanics of how they work - also a small clip of killing them in real time to get an idea

Mechanics

Gorillas offense

-after 3x total hits of 0 (zero) the gorilla hits on you they will change attack styles

Gorillas defence

-for every 50 damage you deal no matter the attack style they will change prayers

(The only way I've found to manipulate this is using a zaryte bow - you can sometimes nearly kill half a gorillas with just the bow) 

When you're getting attacked and you've been hit with 3 hits of 0  - switch to protect from melee because that first melee hit will be unavoidable if it decides to switch attack styles to melee

Gear  (most effective)

these gear setups will be for the most effective methods 

MELEE SWITCH                                                                  RANGE SWITCH

f27f1cbe2120219b38392c8dba3792a0.png 7902bb7aafcb25bf6ddedd6b8c8412f5.png

alternatively you could swap primal rapier for arclight/lance and for range you could switch out blowpipe for graetious/zaryte bow

Gear  (cheaper alternative)

these cheaper setups work just as effective starting out and a smaller switch

MELEE SWITCH                                                                  RANGE SWITCH

5e565dd8ae3318cd15216ae699a7ae1a.png 223e5be4f4d4acd4cb541f58ca4896c6.png

Inventory

5f7b0da5837b5d931e4769ec1497f187.png

With this inventory setup this will be an easy 30+ minute trip if you decide to swap out brews for more overloads and renewals - 

Short clip 

• Like 2

7 way melee switch for someone just learning is too many in my opinion. You should give an inventory set up for someone in less expensive gear and a 4 way switch for both. Trying to focus on prayer switches and combat can be very overwhelming when first doing them. Good guide though!

27 minutes ago, Boats said:

7 way melee switch for someone just learning is too many in my opinion. You should give an inventory set up for someone in less expensive gear and a 4 way switch for both. Trying to focus on prayer switches and combat can be very overwhelming when first doing them. Good guide though!

all you would need to swap out for a smaller switch would be avas + archer ring, switch out lance/primal for chaotic and swap the zaryte for rune knives.  Yes, I ealise it is hard to focus on prayer switches and combat but I only listed the "most effective" setups, I will update the guide with cheaper effective setups.