Loxias

I am legit so sorry...

Name: Loxias

Rules Broken (if any): Botting?

Time Punished: Infinite?

Punishment Length & Type: Ban

Staff Member who issued the punishment: Lation

Redeem yourself, explain the entirety of the situation: I see all the bots that are on the server and see other players botting so i dint know it was actually a bannable offense and never received a warning...

Why should you be Unmuted/Banned?: I will delete my mouse recording and never use it again, I really enjoy my server and have a few IRL friends that play and I would love to continue playing with them!

Redeem yourself, explain the entirety of the situation: I see all the bots that are on the server and see other players botting so i dint know it was actually a bannable offense and never received a warning...

Why should you be Unmuted/Banned?: I will delete my mouse recording and never use it again, I really enjoy my server and have a few IRL friends that play and I would love to continue playing with them!

Reading the rules would be a start because you would know that it's not allowed.

Also we have Bots programmed in, there is no players that actual bot and if they do, they're banned. No one is allowed to so I'm not sure where that mentality came from honestly.

Rule: 5.

Third Party Software / Botting

Ely has a strict NO THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE policy. We believe that the best way to enjoy the game we offer, is to play it yourself! This also includes ANY TYPE of botting/macro use; no animated game-play of Ely is permitted.

-Potential Punishments (dependent upon severity):

• Jail.
  • Ban.
  • IP-Ban.
  • Mac-Ban.

Ultimate decision is up to Lation

• Owner

Hey Loxias, was hoping to hear from you.

Going off of what Jeremy said, where he mentioned "we have bots programmed in" - it's good to expand on that a bit. The bots we have programmed in are there just for our players. They are there to make up for the somewhat lack of players we have in terms of playing Minigames. They solely serve the purpose of filling that gap to make it possible when a player wants to play a Minigame, whether it be Pest Control or Battle Royale, you can right-click a bot and hit Examine and it'll show you the option to teleport that bot to that specific game so you may play. As previously mentioned it's to TEMPORARILY fill the lack of players / cater to those who want to play and farm some Minigame Points. We also added the ability to talk & communicate back & forth with these bots purely for entertainment. It can get boring when you're skilling; so why not strike up a convo with a bot? They're extremely fun to talk too I gotta say.

However; getting more on points. I appreciate your honestly in using a script to play Ely. As Jeremy pointed out, it is in-fact against the rules which can be read under "Knowledge Base" or by doing ::rules in-game. It's good to get familiar with them so you're not shocked when hit with a situation such as this. You mentioned you saw other players botting; if & when that happens please report it to myself or another Staff member and it will be handled. We do not allow any type of animated gameplay in Ely. We believe the best way to enjoy it, is play it yourself. I mean, it's an RSPS at the end of the day! This ain't RS where you gotta grind your brains out everyday for 5 years to max. We have a guy who maxed an Alt account in just over 24 hours! So, no need to use a script.

But like I said, I really appreciate the honestly in this case and I have never heard anything bad about you (disrupting the community in any way for example) nor do you have any prior infractions on your account. But since this was your first offence and it appears you just weren't familiar with the rules (which I understand, 90% of people never read them; I get it - I don't live in a fantasy world where I think everyone reads them! Haha) I had issued a 168 Hour / 1 Week temporary ban on your account. But like I've mentioned previously I do very much appreciate your honesty and straightforwardness so I am going to go ahead and reduce that time by 2 days. So instead of you being able to play again on Tuesday, I'll lift the ban Sunday night / Monday morning at 12AM.

I understand that you mentioned you will never use it again & you will in-fact just get rid of your mouse recording complete which I am very glad to hear, just be aware should you be caught again the ban will be permanent without the right to appeal.

Thank you very much Loxias and hope to see you soon!

Thanks for a second chance here, I really do like this RSPS and I am happy that I received such a quick and professional reply that gave me an in depth explanation! When will my ban be lifted?

Thanks for a second chance here, I really do like this RSPS and I am happy that I received such a quick and professional reply that gave me an in depth explanation! When will my ban be lifted?

Read mr lations full thing. He tells u.

2 day ban for botting... I ain't been on for 2 days oof, Hehe. whalecum back to ely make your stay long and enjoyful. Want to bot go play osrs you'll get further :D

• Owner
2 day ban for botting... I ain't been on for 2 days oof, Hehe. whalecum back to ely make your stay long and enjoyful. Want to bot go play osrs you'll get further :D

5 days* 2 days were removed from his 7 day total.

Then why not assign roles, so only Mods+ can reply/close any threads created within the appeal/report section, since mods+ are the only ones that can lift mutes, bans so forth and give bans etc(I know ss can give mutes but cant lift, so no point in letting them handle appeals(No offense.) This way you don't have random users replying with nonsense.

Forums/websites in general, have the option to select a minority group for having the privilege to reply in certain sections. It should be a tick option if not,

vBulletin®

They have an online manual that can also be used to help.

Edited by Jake S
l