Oncology

A few suggestions

Username (ingame): Oncology

Suggestion (short description): Remove the 99 magic requirement for the Ely Cape

Why (explain what this will benefit, and how): It will allow people without 99 magic to wear the cape or skillers. 

Details (a more thorough explanation of the above): I don't think further explanation is needed. 

Suggestion (short description): Create an afk zone or kick players offline if they have been afk for more than 20 minutes. 

Why (explain what this will benefit, and how): Gets rid of the mass of afking players at home as imo it looks bad. 

Details (a more thorough explanation of the above): If a new member joins the server and attempts to ask a question of the mass of afk players at home and does not get an answer there is a chance that player could quit thinking the server is either full of afk players or that we're snobby and don't want to help. Moving the players to an afk zone will decrease in the large amount of people afking at home for hours on end. Or simply just have them logged off if afk for more than x amount of time. 

SUPPORT both suggestions. Although i'll never get an ely cape i think its pretty reasonable as its just a cape to remove the magic requirement. For the afk situation. I feel a lot of ppl just like afking where everyone else is plain and simple. They should add a ::afk command and it could replicate the dream spell on lunar spellbook to indicate being afk. Even having them logout after a certain period like you stated {20 minutes} would be effective enough. Although it could have its downsides,  a lot of ppl afk for more than 20 minutes and when new players come in they might get the wrong idea; like the server is dead, because all the afkers would be logged out.

As for the helping issue, I think new players have enough sense, and noticed a lot of them use the cc first to try and get the help they need. More times than not there is going to be someone pointing them in the right direction.

9 minutes ago, nelly said:

SUPPORT both suggestions. Although i'll never get an ely cape i think its pretty reasonable as its just a cape to remove the magic requirement. For the afk situation. I feel a lot of ppl just like afking where everyone else is plain and simple. They should add a ::afk command and it could replicate the dream spell on lunar spellbook to indicate being afk. Even having them logout after a certain period like you stated {20 minutes} would be effective enough. Although it could have its downsides,  a lot of ppl afk for more than 20 minutes and when new players come in they might get the wrong idea; like the server is dead, because all the afkers would be logged out.

As for the helping issue, I think new players have enough sense, and noticed a lot of them use the cc first to try and get the help they need. More times than not there is going to be someone pointing them in the right direction.

Yeah I agree but if I was to join a server and find 8 afk players out of 12 online that's unattractive. Maybe instead of logging them out keep the player count up and automatically teleport them to an afk zone somewhere not at home. Bobs island maybe? 

that could work, thing is though. will it auto tele you back to previous location? because i think people would get fed up of having to tele back home everytime they get brought to an island for afking.

11 minutes ago, nelly said:

that could work, thing is though. will it auto tele you back to previous location? because i think people would get fed up of having to tele back home everytime they get brought to an island for afking.

No, but if you run to the bathroom and are gone for 5 minutes this isin't something that will happen unless if you are afk for 20 minutes or longer. So If you run to dinner and are gone for an hour you'd just have to tele back to where you were and with how easy moving around the map is in private servers it shouldn't be that hard. 

The 99 Magic requirement is due to me basing the Ely cape item off of an existing cape, which so happened to be the magic cape. I just forgot to remove the requirement from the item, which ill make sure is done in the next update (soon 😉).

As for the AFK zone, I feel like that would negatively impact more than help us out, as if new players come online and see 90% of the FC are not to be found, or active in the chat. They may think its a fake playercount. We're currently looking into changing early game of Ely so a zone like this could be in our interests, Just needs a bit more discussion around it. Like this!

33 minutes ago, Splash said:

The 99 Magic requirement is due to me basing the Ely cape item off of an existing cape, which so happened to be the magic cape. I just forgot to remove the requirement from the item, which ill make sure is done in the next update (soon 😉).

As for the AFK zone, I feel like that would negatively impact more than help us out, as if new players come online and see 90% of the FC are not to be found, or active in the chat. They may think its a fake playercount. We're currently looking into changing early game of Ely so a zone like this could be in our interests, Just needs a bit more discussion around it. Like this!

Interesting to change early ely. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. 

3 hours ago, Splash said:

Couldn't agree more, although its annoying to see players AFK at home. Its better to actually see them, rather then just a number...

Otherwise I highly support the removal of the Magic req for Ely Cape.

Edited by Jake

7 hours ago, Oncology said:

Suggestion (short description): Remove the 99 magic requirement for the Ely Cape

Why (explain what this will benefit, and how): It will allow people without 99 magic to wear the cape or skillers. 

Details (a more thorough explanation of the above): I don't think further explanation is needed. 

Suggestion (short description): Create an afk zone or kick players offline if they have been afk for more than 20 minutes. 

Why (explain what this will benefit, and how): Gets rid of the mass of afking players at home as imo it looks bad. 

Details (a more thorough explanation of the above): If a new member joins the server and attempts to ask a question of the mass of afk players at home and does not get an answer there is a chance that player could quit thinking the server is either full of afk players or that we're snobby and don't want to help. Moving the players to an afk zone will decrease in the large amount of people afking at home for hours on end. Or simply just have them logged off if afk for more than x amount of time. 

I support the magic cape requirement being removed (Not that its hard to 99 magic anyways but unnecessary),

However, as to the AFK players I disagree. Showing us AFK'ing at spawn doesn't look great in a way, but it also gives them a look at players who have been here for a while and earned the items they're wearing. I personally thing that looks good for us, Showing our community comes and stays. Definitely thing if they all disappear we'll get accused of a fake player count (again)

• Administrators

I support the removal of the magic req on the Ely cape.

I agree that it doesn't really look great to have afk players at home but it's always been that way.

I think that if we were to kick/move players for being afk, they should have been afk for at least an hour before.

• Developer

I've removed the 99 Magic requirement from the cape, sorry about that! (Will be fixed next updoot)

As for the AFK stuff; people will always afk. No real need to move them elsewhere to do that.. our rework of the early game of Ely will solve some of the mentioned issues in this thread.

18 minutes ago, Luke said:

I've removed the 99 Magic requirement from the cape, sorry about that! (Will be fixed next updoot)

As for the AFK stuff; people will always afk. No real need to move them elsewhere to do that.. our rework of the early game of Ely will solve some of the mentioned issues in this thread.

Awesome, thanks. Would be nice to wear the ely cape now 😛

I'm curious to see what you guys come up with for early game ely!