Lation

Where Do You Want To Be In 10-20 Years?

• Owner

We started the topic, "Where Do You Work?" - this is kind of a follow-up idea / post similar to such.

After reading all the interesting jobs & positions you guys hold (which I did in fact find pretty interesting)..

I'm curious; do you have ambitions? Goals? Where do you want to be doing in 10 to 20 years from now?

Me personally again I own a company, I would like to have grown this company so service not just

the state of New Jersey but multiple surrounding states and potentially nationwide. Also be more

involved in real estate. I've studied it for years and am just getting involved. Obv be a richer bitch too.

Hbu?

Established job, making 6 figures. Married, house, probably 1 kid by 10 years, 2 by 20. Making a positive contribution to society through things I've done. Potentially look at switching to a teaching position. We'll see though. A healthy savings set away. Money in market. Typical suburban life

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Owner
Established job, making 6 figures. Married, house, probably 1 kid by 10 years, 2 by 20. Making a positive contribution to society through things I've done. Potentially look at switching to a teaching position. We'll see though. A healthy savings set away. Money in market. Typical suburban life

The American Dream - I'm right there with ya.

Prob killing revs to get a c throwing axe drop....

LOL

Becoming a closer/desk manager at a dealership.

Typically they get a guarantee, here where i'm at, of about 60-80k minimum a year not including any gross profit from the cars that being sold.

Also getting a house, should be obtainable soon hopefully.

I'm gonna get all weird. 

I've dealt with depression majority of my life so I honestly never even thought I'd live as long as I have. As for thinking of the future, I've rarely done that until the past few years. I mean if you don't think you'll live that long, thinking of a future is pointless. So anyways now that I'm doing much better I think about my future a little bit more. I still have no direction in life though so I have no clue what I want to do with my life. Currently I'm looking for a good job and have applied to a ton of random things that sounded interesting. Hopefully something works out. 

As for 10-20 years in the future I have no clue. I think honestly I'd like to have a significant other that I can be with the rest of my life and have a stable job. That's really about it. Everything else is just fluff to me. 

• Like 4

kudos to you for for getting out of that awful cycle and things have turned around and looking up for you!!! things will definitely turn around just give it some time. good luck on your future endeavors!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nelly said:

kudos to you for for getting out of that awful cycle and things have turned around and looking up for you!!! things will definitely turn around just give it some time. good luck on your future endeavors!

Thank you very much 🙂 I appreciate it. 

• Owner
57 minutes ago, kutanaga said:

I'm gonna get all weird. 

I've dealt with depression majority of my life so I honestly never even thought I'd live as long as I have. As for thinking of the future, I've rarely done that until the past few years. I mean if you don't think you'll live that long, thinking of a future is pointless. So anyways now that I'm doing much better I think about my future a little bit more. I still have no direction in life though so I have no clue what I want to do with my life. Currently I'm looking for a good job and have applied to a ton of random things that sounded interesting. Hopefully something works out. 

As for 10-20 years in the future I have no clue. I think honestly I'd like to have a significant other that I can be with the rest of my life and have a stable job. That's really about it. Everything else is just fluff to me. 

Very glad to hear you got out of that funk man, keep your head up & keep moving forward. 90% of things in life are just as you said, fluff. Get yourself someone to spend the rest of your life with, and all else will fall in place. 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lation said:

Very glad to hear you got out of that funk man, keep your head up & keep moving forward. 90% of things in life are just as you said, fluff. Get yourself someone to spend the rest of your life with, and all else will fall in place. 🙂 

Thank you 🙂 

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing, always warms my heart to hear about people getting through stuff like that. Glad to see things are looking better for you, hope everything works out with your job and your life! Also feel free to reach out to me if you need to talk or whatever 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kari said:

Thanks for sharing, always warms my heart to hear about people getting through stuff like that. Glad to see things are looking better for you, hope everything works out with your job and your life! Also feel free to reach out to me if you need to talk or whatever 🙂

Thanks Kari. I really appreciate it. ❤️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kutanaga said:

I'm gonna get all weird. 

I relate to this so much you have no idea, But we're glad you made it this far homie and lets make it another 20-30 at least ❤️

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kutanaga said:

I'm gonna get all weird. 

Takes a lot of courage to put yourself out on the line like that. Kudos to you. Good shit working through it. Good luck getting a good job!

• Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 12:28 AM, IttzKaotic said:

I relate to this so much you have no idea, But we're glad you made it this far homie and lets make it another 20-30 at least ❤️

Thanks Kao. Not that I'm glad you relate but it's always nice to not feel alone in situations such as ours. ❤️

• Like 2

On 8/2/2019 at 9:35 AM, Boats said:

Takes a lot of courage to put yourself out on the line like that. Kudos to you. Good shit working through it. Good luck getting a good job!

Thanks. Yeah it's always either a good or bad thing opening up about stuff like that. Some people just think you're doing it for attention or to have people feel bad for you. I definitely don't but it does make it sometimes hard to open up. Oh well.. I'm glad I got such support from you all on here though. It's awesome!

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:42 AM, kutanaga said:

I'm gonna get all weird. 

Bro Im pretty sure we're all same.

Love you thanks for joining Ely and hanging out with me

• Like 1

Small update.

I've been working a job for around 6 months now and really enjoy it. Which surprises me since I never thought I'd actually find something I can withstand, let alone be happy with. I've worked a handful of jobs since I first started working and just assumed I'd never find something good. 

With my current job, I'm an essential employee so I'm still working regularly through this coronavirus business. I'm glad kinda cause I can still have an income but I'm also out and about basically every day. Sooo hopefully I don't get the virus and die lmao. To think, I'm finally at a point in my life where I'm not depressed for the first time, I have a good job, lost 40lbs, and I'm slowly working more and more to better myself. If I die now rip. 

As for the question on this thread... I still don't know exactly where I want to be in 10-20 years. I just want to still have a good stable job (hopefully same job), a stable relationship (been single too damn long), and a decent place to live. Currently I don't really care to own a home but I know most adults aim to own their own home. Maybe one day. I'm primarily focusing on saving money and looking into a new place to move into in the somewhat near future. Depending on this virus stuff. 

So yeah, that's about it for now. Just thought I'd give an update since my last post about being depressed basically my whole life. Just nice to not be in that condition anymore. It's weird cause I'm not used to it. I'm getting more and more used to it though, which is good 🙂

• Like 3

• Owner
13 hours ago, kutanaga said:

Small update.

I've been working a job for around 6 months now and really enjoy it. Which surprises me since I never thought I'd actually find something I can withstand, let alone be happy with. I've worked a handful of jobs since I first started working and just assumed I'd never find something good. 

With my current job, I'm an essential employee so I'm still working regularly through this coronavirus business. I'm glad kinda cause I can still have an income but I'm also out and about basically every day. Sooo hopefully I don't get the virus and die lmao. To think, I'm finally at a point in my life where I'm not depressed for the first time, I have a good job, lost 40lbs, and I'm slowly working more and more to better myself. If I die now rip. 

As for the question on this thread... I still don't know exactly where I want to be in 10-20 years. I just want to still have a good stable job (hopefully same job), a stable relationship (been single too damn long), and a decent place to live. Currently I don't really care to own a home but I know most adults aim to own their own home. Maybe one day. I'm primarily focusing on saving money and looking into a new place to move into in the somewhat near future. Depending on this virus stuff. 

So yeah, that's about it for now. Just thought I'd give an update since my last post about being depressed basically my whole life. Just nice to not be in that condition anymore. It's weird cause I'm not used to it. I'm getting more and more used to it though, which is good 🙂

This is awesome dude ❤️ Super happy for you man

• Like 1